Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. NEMETH

When I saw Dr. Nemeth I was having problems in high school with depression and obsessive thoughts. He figured I had OCD which I did but didn't see that I was actually bipolar. So one day at school I couldn't stay awake so I took a couple caffeine pills I got from a White Hen. I was shaking a little in class and a teacher noticed and told my mom who told Dr. Nemeth. He said those caffeine can be dangerous and thought it would be safer to put me on a heavy ADD drug called concerta. Well I flipped out completely. I was crying and yelling and becoming violent. And so much more obsessive. Well I convinced myself somehow that my best friend raped a girl I knew. So I obsessed over him and told everyone he was a rapist and one night I almost went to his house to kill him. Luckily I didn't. Instead I went to school acting like a drug addict and attacked him. The teachers had to stop me. And I was sent to a mental hospital, Nemeth's program. It took me a year to recover from that drug completely even after I was released. I would get jittery and yell at people for random reasons. I lost most of my friends and was branded as the school psycho. Later a councilor realized I was bipolar and so did other doctors I saw. Nemeth never saw that. I was told you never give a bipolar or OCD patient a drug like Concerta. Even drug dealers at school knew this. Apparentely Nemeth did not. And really screwed up my life and I always remembered his name. I am in my thirties now and have not forgiven the man. Maybe I would if my mom's friend hadn't told me that his daughter saw Nemeth and she has bipolar and he gave her Concerta and she flipped out and destroyed her friend's car with a bat and scratched up her dad's face to where it bled while screaming at him. This happened ten years after my experience. When she stopped trusting Nemeth he acted as if everything were her fault. Nemeth may help people, but there are those who has been lazy with and those are the ones who had to pay for it. If you care about yourself or your children do not trust this man.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014