Ratings for Dr. Josephine C. Mcallister

Some of the negative reviews sound like the people had been to a different practice. No idea if they really visited this doctor, or work for the 4 other practices around ithaca that have lower ratings.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mc Allister ever since she began to practice in Ithaca and I saw Dr. Horn , her predecessor, for years before that. I was sorry to see Bob Horn retire, but wished him well, and have been THRILLED with the care Dr. Mc Allister has given me and my husband. When I read these reviews listed here I thought I must be on the wrong page since this bears absolutely no resemblance to the experiences I have had!! The office is immaculate and the waiting room very comfortable and the staff is ALWAYS so friendly and helpful. whenever I call for an appointment they are immediately responsive and when there I am always greeted by someone with a smile on their face. there is NEVER a long wait the way there is in most doctor's offices and the office procedures are efficient and effective. I have never had trouble understanding a bill. I sense this is a real team effort and that all the staff are happy in their employment. Dr. McAliister has chosen her excellent PA's with care and they are all very skilled and knowledgeable and have marvelous communication skills. I have seen most of them and like them all! As for Dr. McAllister herself, she is highly professional and extremely well trained and skilled in her field. I have a complex medical history and she has been interested in knowing how I am doing and always asks about my family and grandchildren. She has been through in her diagnosis and has referred me to others for special procedures when necessary. She has come to the office early just to see me when i needed an appointment. I cannot say enough about how pleased I have been with this office and Dr. Mc allister

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. McAllister is arrogant. Worse still, she is rude and irrational. Based on my own experience, she should have her medical license revoked and never be permitted to practice medicinine, of any kind, ever again. The very first thing I told her was that I was concerned about scarring. She told me not to worry. The scar on my shoulder is such that people have asked me if I was bitten by a shark. It is seriously that bad. Please, please, please see a different doctor!!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Completely agree with the reviews stating how knife happy and non-communicative this doctor is. In my first appointment she started circling moles with a pen that no derm had ever had a problem with before and no explanation. Before I knew it 4 nurses(?) were cutting the moles out, again no explanation. Most bizarre doctor's appointment I've ever had.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

This doctor is cold as ice and does not really deal with patients, rather turns us over to PA's and then bills for services--sometimes double or triple what was really done. Run far away from this practice.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Really an awful practice. Dr. McAllister doesn't care about her patients. Please find another doctor and avoid this one if you can.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I had numerous awful experiences here. Mcallister is knife happy and will remove just about anything she can. In one year, I had 13 moles removed, more than I've ever had in my life. I went and got a second opinion and was told it was completely unnecessary. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

the staff are rude one of the things they worry about most is a patient stealing there office magazines. i found another dematologist i will never go back

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Staff is rude and not very accommodating. Been there several times and yet to meet Dr. McAllister. Very different place than when Dr. Horn was there. Looking for a new dermatologist as of today.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Staff gave wrong information and ended up with an infection. This place is like a medical factory complete with a team of doctors / assistants on an assembly line. I would avoid it if at all possible.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Josephine C. Mcallister's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Top Hospitals in Ithaca, NY