Ratings for Dr. Syed Asif Rizvi

I have seen Rizvi for 2.5 years. He is the only Dr. that listened to my symptoms and didn't only go by lab work! He is straight forward but he has always taken my suggestions and concerns seriously. He does run late, but it's because he talks to each patient until he's helped them. I hate seeing all these poor reviews. He is a good doctor and I would recommend him.

Submitted June 26, 2017

Worst doctor. do not go to him.doctor is terrible.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Rizvi is extremely helpful, and for the first time in almost 10 years I feel like I'm on the right track with managing my Hashimoto's disease. He spends a lot of time answering questions, explaining things, and seems very intent on getting his patients on the road to health. I am confused by the reviewers that say he is rude, because I have not had that experience with him at all!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr Rizi is very rude. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone! I have never in my 3 yrs of seeing him ever been seen on time. I have always waited at least 1-3 hrs past my appt time. He talks down to you if you ask a question he doesn't think is important. He even waved his hand at me dismissing my question like I had asked something stupid and told me to not waste his time with frivolous questions. He cares more about the kickback back he gets from those medical discount cards he forces you to activate. Something real shady was going on with the lab bill they would send and it finally stopped when I raised enough commotion. I feel sorry for elderly people who don't catch this and are paying the lab bill. I have been stuck in the same place with my hypothyroidism and he just does the same pattern over and over. I have given him the benefit of the dought for a long time but cannot continue to see him and grew tired of the same ole mess. I just found a new endocrinologist and it's the best move I have ever made! I wish I had done it sooner.

Submitted February 10, 2015

Appointments are never on time, typically you wait in the office for 1.5-2hrs past your appointment before you see him. Dr Rizvi is very knowledgeable. Once you get in his office he spends as much time as possible with you(that is why he is late for the next appointment). Sometimes he spends time talking about non-health related conversation.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

In the 2 yrs going to the Fayetteville office, saw Rizvi only once...didn't seem interested in my concerns, have transferred to a new Endo, having great difficulty getting records transferred, primary dr has requested my records 4 times with no response, was told office mgr would call.......nothing......staff says if I request my records myself I will need a thumb drive and pay a fee if the dr chooses to release them to me.......

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I could not recommend him to anyone. I have been seeing him for 3 years and he has only done one ultrasound. He does the labs, but there is something awry with the way he collects payment for them. I have waited over 2 hours past my appointment time. I have been trying for a MONTH to have my medical records transferred and nothing. They keep putting me off. I am going to have to take MORE time off of work to drive there, probably wait an hour just to get MY MEDICAL RECORDS and then send them to the new Endocrinologist. I have Hypothyroidism and Celiac. He has never addressed the two together.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I would not Recommend him to anyone. He was extremely rude. I have been there 3 time and have not had any treatment. My thyroid is getting worse. I'm now looking for a different Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

He is ver rude and harsh and talked down to me instead of to me, he is suppose to help people and I felt more discourouged after I left. I waited for 2 hrs after my apt time then was treated like I was unconvincing him and he actually made the statement to me you are taking up to much of my time and had only in room with him for 10 minutes. I wouldnt recommend any one go to him !

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I waited in the waiting room for 2 hours. When I asked the front staff if that was normal, they said 'Yeah.' I also over hear 3 patients address the front staff about their appointment either missing or changed from what was on their appointment card.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013