Ratings for Dr. Guru Shankar

DR. Shankar does not take the time to listen to me. During my many visits he types away on his computer, and appears to be frustrated with his computer skills, and then prescribes a higher doses of medication and sends me off. He is very unorganized and always in a huge hurry. He also does not return calls. He has had me on various medications, without every taking the time to understand my issues. During a recent visit, he was very condescending and unprofessional, and kept saying.. "when are you going to return to work". as he seemed to be questioning my integrity. Needless to say, I am seeking another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Shankar is fabulous! I was very uneasy about seeing a psychiatrist (which was recommended by my regular physician) about my anxiety/depression, but he was so easy to talk to. I went to him every few months for nearly a year and a half. He since moved locations and I am currently in search of his new office. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Dr. Shankar listened to my concerns and was overall great. I have no complaints

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

This doctor fails to call his patents back or respond to any needs they may have. If your not sitting right in front of him, forget it, he will not respond to anything.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr Shankar is a pleasant man who seems to care about his patients. He is always professional and listens to my concerns. He is usually punctual, however a couple of times I had to wait 10 minutes before he saw me, which really is not that long. At the end of every visit he reminds me that I can call him with any questions or concerns that I might have.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011