Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Hill

Shocked reading these reviews. We've only had the initial consult, but I liked Dr. Hill instantly. He is direct, informative, and thorough. I could see how some would be put off by him, but after 2 years trying to conceive, one year with the 'help' of another clinic, and a heartbreaking miscarriage along the way, I was ready for his efficient approach. I want to work with someone as results driven as I am. My husband and I left with a whole lot of hope. I can't wait to get started. I'll update my review to show where I stand later in the process. :)

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Hill and his staff are amazing. Still going through the process of ivf but almost there! Couldn't ask for a better more knowledgable doctor

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

My husband and I started seeing Dr. Hill September 2014. It is now April 2015 and we have not been offered any treatment. Every appointment we are told to come back in a month or 3 months and then we go back just to be told to come back again. My Gyn has actually been the one to try some treatment for us. We have poured so much time, money and hope into FCNE and have had nothing but disappointment.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Terrible experience! The only thing they care - is money! They will do everything to get money out of you, and then treat you as if you came for charity. He never answers questions fully, so that ordinary people understand what is going on. Maybe he thinks that everyone is born with certain amount of knowledge about medicine & related stuff.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Me and my husband are extremely happy with the services and care provided by Dr. Hill and his team..We went in for some fertility tests initially and were impressed by the professionalism and the efficiency of the staff. Dr Hill doesn't waste any time making small talk.That was not a big deal as we only cared about the quality of care and the knowledge of the Doctor. I went in for multiple blood tests and ultrasounds as we started our treatment. Everything was always on time, there was hardly any waiting time for the tests.The visits to the Doctor's office took less time than a grocery store visit. The whole staff works like a well-oiled machine. Their patient portal is also extremely useful. They post results the same day with detailed instructions for the next visit. They are also available for questions on the phone. We conceived after our first IUI, but even if we hadn't, I would have given FCNE Reading 5 stars. They are an excellent facility and I highly recommend them. -PG

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

Ok...after 6 miscarriages and several doctors that had no clue as to why my wife kept micarrying we went to Dr. Hill...He diagnosed my wife's problem within 3 months of seeing her....That was 19 years and one baby daughter ago..he was at Brigham's then....that same daughter is now studying to be a doctor herself which seems somewhat fitting....He's a great fertility specialist....probably overworked....but a great doctor.....He was pretty short with us too, and very emphatic about his ability to figure out the problem, which he did...So what do you people want someone who knows what they are doing or someone to hold your hand....If these doctors poured all their emotions into every patient they could see about 3 a day we would suck the life out of them....This guy is a great doctor don't let anyone tell you different...

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I can't say enough about Dr. Hill. I am very surprised at these reviews to be honest. You really dont need a warm and fuzzy doctor to make him a good doctor. Yes he talks fast but knows what he is doing. after 3 miscarriages, a surgery, and 2 RE's I was desperate to find a good doctor that could help me and give me a reason why I couldnt carry a baby to term. He did just that. I asked about testing the embryos before implantation. he said save your money. if you were my kids I would say, not to do it. Dr. Hill is the reason I have my precious son. I would recommend him and I have referred alot of people to him and they have also had success.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

My husband and I saw Dr. Hill for one visit. We wanted an appointment to get an understanding of some test results and I spent two weeks playing phone tag with the office. Once we got the appointment, we got there and found it was made for the wrong person. When we finally saw Dr. Hill he introduced himself and then looked at my husband and said "Well I've looked at your test results and it's safe to say you won't be producing any biological children on your own, but that's why I'm here and you have insurance so it's okay." I cried the whole time and couldn't even look at him. He talked and I couldn't listen. He kept saying that we were "insured so it was okay". It bothered me that the prescriptions were all pre-printed with advertisements on them. We have since found another Dr. who has been wonderful to us. It's a completely different experience, and while I will do almost anything to have a child, I refuse to drop the expectation of being treated as a person with feelings.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Hill was an amazing find for us! He has been with me through 2 surgeries and 2 IVF cycles. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and you can tell by how many times he has been nominated one of the best doctors in America. He was always compassionate, after my second surgery he came to the hospital early on a Saturday to check on me and make sure that we could get home early. He was always optimistic but honest about our chances with IVF. He doesn't just tell you what you want to hear and take your money, he wants you to be successful, which we appreciated because we self paid. The staff is always helpful and available when you have questions especially nurses Jessica and Tammy. We were lucky to find Dr. Hill and I would definetly recommend him to anyone who wants an honest opinion about their chances of conceiving.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hill and the Fertility Centers of New England. The staff was extremely caring and compassionate and were always willing to answer any questions that I had. I think that Dr. Hill was great and he was the main reason we had a successful IVF cycle on the first try. Kudos to the Fertility Centers of New England for their care and expertise!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011