Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Kulbida

My birth experience was awful because of dr kulbida, he had me on pitocin for three days and assured me that he would give me an epidural, and the pain medication we had originally agreed to . So when I rang the nurse and asked for it, she had him come in (little did I know I was 7 cm dilated) he told me that "I don't give a d*** if your in pain or not, and I choose whether I want to give you the epidural" he continued to go on and say demeaning things such as "you should have read the instruction manual, before you came here". He is manipulating, and sadistic. Wrecked my birth experience and i am forever resentful toward him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Kulbida was wonderful for both of my pregnancies. He does not obsess about weight gain...he merely discusses suggested guidelines. He is intelligent, thoughtful, and absolutely the one I wanted in the room when I was giving birth because I knew I was in capable hands no matter what happened. I would absolutely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I was shocked to see how incompetent and not caring he is. I saw another hospitalist there and had the same kind of experience. Wound not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Kulbida is the best OBG I have ever met. I tried several before sticking with him on Pregnancy #1 as I was looking for that “perfect doctor” but couldn’t find him. I also had some concerns about him not being as “sweet” as I would like to be spoken to sometimes, but when complications arouse during third trimester and labor I was so glad he was there. He is very knowledgeable and walks you through everything. Makes you feel like it will be OK because he knows exactly what he is talking about. He is very strict about weight gain, but he’s not wrong in what he says. You can't go wrong with him. Now on Preg #2 and happy I have a great Doc!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I started seeing Dr. K after I had a stillborn baby. I was pregnant again and unhappy with my current Dr. Dr. K was great! He was very knowledgable and was on top of his game! He always spent as much time with me as needed. He recently delivered our second child and both my husband and I were pleased with his bedside manner. He explained everything to us and made us feel at ease through the entire pregnancy and birth process. Both my husband and I think Dr. K is great!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

What can I say about Dr. Nick! I think he is one of the best Docs I have EVER seen. I had a three problem pregnancies with him (One pregnancy in which I had to be referred out to a Fetal Maternal Medicine Specialist whom was so cold and uncaring that I begged Dr. Nick to take me back! He did, after careful review and discussion and I had a wonderful end result - she is now almost 4!!) I don't know to whom a patient was referring to in an above comment, but Dr. Nick's bedside manner is always cheerful, concerned and compassionate. I wished I had found him at an earlier age so that I could have delivered all five of my children in his care!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr Kulbida is a genius. He is the first doctor to ever really address my issues with PCOS and got me through a difficult pregnancy. If you want someone to hug and cuddle you, he's not going to be the guy. If you want someone who's on top of their game and won't force you through a lot of tests and other nonsense you probably don't need, he's your man. Dr Kulbida is the kind of doc who lets you have a huge say in what's going on with your care once he realises you actually know what you're talking about. For those who don't like the way he talks about weight- that used to be his area of specialty. He knows what he's talking about. He's not trying to be a jerk.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2006

My husband and I met Dr. Kulbida as my first pregnancy was ending in miscarriage. We had been referred to him because we were unhappy with our current dr. He was extremely compassionate and spent a lot of time helping us through that difficult time. I became pregnant again and had a few scary moments. Dr. Kulbida was always reassuring and straight forward. He has since delivered my two healthy, beautiful and happy children. One via emergency c-section, in which our family was nervously waiting as I was rushed into the OR. After the baby and I were doing fine, he made sure to go out and talk to our family in the waiting room. He put them all at ease. There were days that I had to wait a little long for my appt. I don't mind that because he never rushes me. I feel that extra time is minor if he's giving the same care to another new mom and dad. My husband and i are planning to have another child and will happily have Dr. Kulbida care for us again.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Dr Kulbida is wonderful!!! I had an ectopic pregnancy a few years back and Dr Kulbida was on call at the hospital when I arrived. He was not only wonderful to me, but also to my family. He later made changes to accept my insurance so that I could become a patient of his. Even if Dr Kulbida is running late, he always greets you with a smile. He is truly an amazing Dr!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2006

Dr. Kulbida delivered both of my children and I found him to be a wonderful doctor. He was very caring and both my husband (who has been to almost every visit with me during both pregnancies) and I thought he had a wonderful bedside manner. I gained quite a bit of weight with both of my children (almost 50lbs for each one) and he was very sensitive in discussing the issue with me. He made me feel like he truly cared about me as a patient. I have recommended him to my friends and my husband also highly recommends him as well. He spends considerable amounts of time with his patients and takes extra steps to ensure that every question or concern you have is answered. So I can forgive the fact that he is pretty much always late. I have been going to that office for 5 years now and I have never had a problem with anyone there. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I feel I have received excellent care. I wish he could be my primary doctor!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2006

Dr. Nicholas Kulbida's Credentials

• Univ Del Noreste, Esc De Med, Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY