Ratings for Dr. Stephen E. Pliska

I was impressed! Dr. Pliska was knowledgeable, concerned about what my health issues & concerns were. Had me fill out the generak forms & then asked me more questions regarding any issues I had. Then he ran a reasonable amount of test to view my overall health & gave me reasonable solutions on how to deal with any issues I might have. He did so in a compassionate manner & stressed that whatever issues I had could be managed in such a way as to preserve my finances while dealing with any issues I was having. Yes, I asked to be referred to a couple of specialists in regard to some previous major issues I have had surgically corrected. He dealt with every issue with familiar knowledge & I wasn't given the run around that I had expected in acquiring a new family physician & did I say, " He showed me how to deal with health issues that I am dealing with now & showed me how to prevent some that I might expect in the future as I get older. And, Oh, some of us might think that we will never change. But, reality is from the day we are born, all we do is get older. I'm glad I found him! Now, I just wish I could find a good dentist. One who was concerned about my future well being. Not how many fillings or future appointments he or she could get out of me.. I hate to go to a practitioner who is calculating how many appointments they can get out of me, before they look at what I came to them for in the 1st place.. He's got my vote of confidence!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Pliska seemed very knowledgeable, and very direct. The guidance he game me seemed appropriate and useful. He does however seem to have issues listing to people and their situation, and seems ot expect all to follow his directions - even if that does not work well. Example, it took me several tried to get a WRITTEN prescription from his office (as opposed to them calling into the local pharm, which happens to NOT be covered in my insurance plan). And when I did get one, it was not sufficient to cover our extended trip. I ran out of 1/2 of the meds during our time away from any medical source. His staff also is rather unprofessional I feel, calling me to give 'results' which turned out to not be true, and also contact me to ask about how I was going to "pay a bill before they submitted it to collections". The Dr office had not submitted correctly the invoice to insurance, was cleared up very easily with a call to my insurance company. Overall: Good med advice, poor service.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

If you are the only patient in the waiting room, and nobody is in any exam rooms, it still takes them at least 30 minutes to call your name. Many times the doctors and nurses eat lunch and chat in the lab area while you wait feeling ill.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

This doctor needs to realize he's not God and to learn how to be a professional. I would not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

They simply forgot me in the examroom for one hour, I was complaining about breathing problems. If that was a serious problem I could have died in there, noone would take notice of me. Very poor Urgent care with 3 offices in Vancouver

flag | Submitted May 12, 2006

Dr. Stephen E. Pliska's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1970)