Ratings for Dr. David A. Garfinkel

Dr Garfinkel and his staff are amazing! He's caring but also very honest and supportive for high risk pregnancies. Would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Garfinkel is THE BEST!!!! He was diagnosed my low platelet count very early and was more worried about than I was. I brushed it off because I didn't have any of the symptoms and then week by week into the pregnancy I started noticing them. At all times after and during my csection and now with #2 he's been very attentive and soothing my nerves. Even if I moved somewhere I would still come back to have a baby with him as my Dr. I am bummed because my 2nd csection will not be with him, because of timing. Other Drs are good as well. HATE with a passion Tina Alessi, she should be fired!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Very patient and caring. He is always available. Emails all results and answers questions quickly

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Garfinkel delivered our son. My husband and I thought he had a great bedside manner. He was brief and succinct during my prenatal visits, and answered all of our questions. I'm not a high maintenance patient so I appreciated him not taking up so much of our time. At the hospital during my labor, he was a bit more chatty and made jokes to ease the tension. He took great care of me during my delivery and did a fine job with my son's circumcision. He spent a lot of time with me during my postpartum check-up making sure I was doing well. I liked his staff and Drs. Convery and Lagaduva as well.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Great caring knowledgable Doctor. Very reliable and feel very comfortable around

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Garfinkel's for almost 3 years. With my first pregnancy, he was very supportive and I had an easy pregnancy and delivery with Dr. Garfinkel. However, with that pregnancy, he forgot to give me the rhogam shot until I requested it. He was supportive of me getting pregnant again, but at the end of my pregnancy, with I developed preeclampsia, he was no longer supportive of me. I ended up having to be induced and with a c-section due to the practices failure to identify that the baby was not in an optimal position to be vaginally delivered. I believe that the baby could have been turned into the proper position beforehand if their ultrasound tech or obgyns had identified the problem. The baby could not drop into the birth canal. Then, Dr. Garfinkel came to my hospital room and told me that it was malpresentation that caused the c-section and that I had a "disease" because I had developed high blood pressure at almost 39 weeks pregnant, although I have never had any issues prior, and that he could no longer care for me as his patient, but his office would just get me through my postpartum period. I am now looking for a more supportive obgyn. I am mortified that he would speak to me in that manner, especially after I just had major surgery. I am seeking a female obgyn practice, since they would probably be more understanding of women's issues.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr Garfinkel is Great! He was there every step of the way through my first pregnancy and I was fortunate enough to have him on delivery day. His personality is very calming - since it was my first pregnancy I was a bit nervous for each appointment but he put me right at ease. Yes - he does speak FAST - but it is not to rush you out the door - I had him repeat himself many times! He is readily available once you are his patient - responds promptly to emails and phone calls. On delivery day Dr Garfinkel was extremely professional, however still managed to keep my husband and I entertained between contractions. I will definitely be going back to Dr Garfinkel if I am fortunate enough to have a second pregnancy!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

i highly recommend Dr Garfinkel. He delivered my first baby earlier this year. I was happy with the practice all thru my pregnancy but my experience on delivery day was incredible. Dr garfinkel was calm and professional when I called during labor. All thru delivery he was very encouraging and talked my husband and i through each step. Office staff are friendly and promptly return phone calls. Location is great - right opposite morristown hOspital so you have many trial runs before baby is born He has great Prenatal classes taught by nurses that know the practice well.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

He is very knowledgeable. Perhaps he talks too fast and give you the impression that he is on a rush or he is not listening BUT he is. He knows what he is doing and I totally trust him. His expertise overweight his personality. I had complication so I needed a great physician. I wouldn't care anyone else for my care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Normally a see the doctor, saw Tina the Midwife..waited over 1 hour, only to be rushed in. Told me to change, 2 minutes later she walked in on me. It was like the express treatment, I had to talk fast. Really disappointed that after a 20 years as a patient I was treated sooooo poorly. Switching doctors. She did not address my issues, did not provide me with knowledge, in fact she was so unprofessional it really upset me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. David A. Garfinkel's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ