Ratings for Dr. Sum T. Tran

Very well respected in Santa Clarita. He is an amazing surgeon and performed a perfect rhinoplasty with minimal pain

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I came to this Dr. with dysplastic nevi - moles that both he and my dermatologist misdiagnosed as pre-cancerous. His second opinion was all I thought I needed, though. I went to him because my dermatologist would have left a scar an inch or so long, in a straight line, and he said plastic surgery would leave less scarring. Dr. Tran decided that a skin graft was necessary and that the scars would be the size of a quarter. The morning of my surgery, he told my parents and I that he had just heard that these things should be treated more aggressively, so the scars would be a little bigger. I came out of the surgery with two 2-inch circle scars, and a 6-inch scar on my hip from where he took the skin for the graft. Not only did this guy **** me unneccessarily (the next dermatologist I went to told me that dysplastic nevi have not been considered precancerous for years), but he also took tissue with pubic hair from my hip, so I now have that growing out of my back. Avoid this doctor!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010