Ratings for Dr. Jacob E. Lau

While being seen by Dr. Lau for years, I developed a skin growth that was discounted by him as benign. Dr. Lau told me “it’s too slow growing to be cancer so don’t worry.” Eventually I was advised by another doctor to have the growth removed ASAP because it looked very suspicious. The growth was cancerous and because it grew for so long, it required significant radiation in addition to surgery. The radiation has caused me many health problems all because of Dr. Lau’s wrong diagnosis. After surgery, I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Lau because I wanted him on my growing “cancer team” of doctors, but he told me (through his assistant) he didn’t want to see me at that time and wanted me to make an appointment in 6-8 weeks. Needless to say, today I see another dermatologist who actually knows what cancerous growths look like.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I really like Dr. Lau as he is professional without being pompous & it was comfortable being able to discuss the problem I was having. Also, he is in the business of dermatology and not trying to sell botox, skin lazering, etc. which is refreshing.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

After going 20 plus years with severe harsh psoriasis covering 80+-% of my body I'm at 7% because of this man. No help from several other dematologist-(common diagnosis from new derm dr's "what are you doing for that" "How's that working out") Not this man. He is the cream of the crop. He knows the new medications and how to get them for you for free. Not an arrogant bone in his body. NEVER a long wait to see him. I've been clear (7%) for years-Now thanks to him I'm free of narcotic pain meds I've been taking for 20 years. A man of principles and concern for your overall well being. He treats me like a friend. Smartest guy I've ever met. You got lucky you found him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Jacob E. Lau's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

First Health