Ratings for Dr. Sudhir R. Rao

I have been seeing Dr. Rao for about 5-6 months now and have got "0" relief on my back pain. I have had different treatments and it seems like they just want to collect money and are not interested in hearing your concerns. Trying to get someone to call you back is virtually impossible!! In the last 2 days, I have left 5 messages for Lori and she has not had the courtesy to call me back. This is not the first time. I would NOT recommend this Doctor to my worst enemy! I would suggest you look somewhere else for treatment before EVEN THINKING about coming here. It's all about giving you more and more pills! I don't want pills, I want relief! Pain & Spine Specialists? I don't know where that name came from because there is NOTHING special about them except for the front desk girls, Lynne the head nurse and Maryanne, the NP. They are the most polite/courteous employees at the establishment, maybe the rest of the staff should take notes from them about how to treat their patients.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have seen countless doctors to help figure out my situation when I finally switchex primary care doctor and was referred to Dr. Rao I was sceptical but hoping for some answers and help..I work with my upper body so I needed to try his services He went straight to my issues and started a plan and i was eager to follow all directions and recommendations because what he explained to me made perfect sense..I feel some relief which to me has me emotional because any relief after all the misery I felt for many years is so welcomed and appreciated.. although it was minimal relief I didn't mind being thankful because now I have a.bit more activity and able to work and do what i love I know it's temporary but I'll take it.. yes I have gone way more to his practice for appointments but that's ok..I am so appreative of him and his staff..A big thank you from someone who is feeling a bit less miserable

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I was surprised reading the very negative rating here regarding Dr. Rao. I've never felt he was all about money or full of ego. I've never been directed to make multiple appointments, to keep coming back just so he can make money. I first saw Dr. Rao when he was practicing in Frederick, MD which is where I live. I was so impressed with his care and demeanor that I now see him in his own practice in Mt. Airy. I'm willing to drive even further to see him if need be. Dr. Rao has an excellent bedside manner. I always feel that he listens to me, he answers my questions and never makes me feel rushed. He never talks down to me. He is very compassionate. I've seen countless doctors in the past years to help me with my pain issues, but he has turned out to be the best. He consistently impresses me with his caring nature, good humor and knowledge. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr Rao loves money!!Dr Rao will look for reasons to keep you coming back as often as possible ( every week or two ) at your expense of course.Has a big ego,claims he doesn't want to lose his license as excuse for bringing patients back so much when they have done nothing wrong - It is pure greed!!Dr Rao is narcissistic and does not trust patients!!Would not recommend Dr Rao to anyone unless you enjoy seeing a doctor way to often and being over charged!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013