Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Burke

I recommend Dr. Charles Burke to everyone I know who may need the best orthopedic surgeon anywhere! He did a partial shoulder replacement for me in 2011 & it went seamlessly. He & his staff are so friendly & so accommodating! I needed to have another replacement five years later that was very complicated & I no longer have any pain at all. Dr. Burke is the most amazing surgeon & always makes you feel at ease. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Anyone considering a total knee replacement, PLEASE save yourself the trouble of Doctor shopping...GO STRAIGHT TO DR CHARLES J BURKE, III. I have been a patient for 17+ years and there is not space here to list ALL of the accolades that I have for this surgeon. Simply, HE IS THE BEST! Just listen to this: Dr Burke performed total knee replacement (TKA) on my right knee, same knee that he had already done an ACL repair (17 yrs ago) and a meniscus repair (10 yrs ago) and I was back to work in 9 days after total knee replacement. THAT IS UNHEARD OF! In my opinion, there is NO ONE that can come close to Dr Burke and he has an absolutely wonderful bedside manner. I am over the moon with how well I can walk and carry out my daily tasks with NO PAIN. I can't wait to have my other knee replaced! Thank you Dr Burke!!! Dru S

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I saw Dr. Burke after tearing three of the four tendons in the rotator cuff of my left shoulder. He carried out a complex reconstruction of my shoulder with consummate skill. He is a wonderful surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I was seen with terrible pain, realignment surgery 18 years ago. A fix can only last so long. A long consultation gave me 3 options, we agreed on a partial replacement. Done in Dec. 2014. Just released to run, bicycle & compete in triathlons like I have before surgery. A very skilled surgeon & very friendly. He cares about all his patients. I no longer have pain & can go about a normal life. Entire staff is great also handling taking of X-rays in office, and my disability paperwork. Not a negative thing to say about my time with Dr. Burke. Yes, you wait in waiting room for a bit, but only because he spends time with patients. Free wifi in office. Scott R.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Burke fixed a totally torn rotator cuff for me and did an outstanding job. My therapist can't believe how quickly I've recovered and the range of motion that I have. He was an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Had first shoulder surgery in johnstown pa. and it went bad so went to see Dr. Burke who operated to fix first surgery mistake and he did a great job!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Repaired Torn rotator cuff tendon and bicepst tendon. My recovery and rehab processes have been great. Great Surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Dr. Burke did a great job explaining what caused my injury, my treatment options and eventually the surgery. The surgery went well and the dr did a great job with the follow-up.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

after spending 9 months with this guy, I felt like I was leaving a good friend. Bittersweet. I had an OCD lesion on my medial femoral condyle, a meniscus repair, and ACL repair that was completely torn. I am running again at age 40 which was the primary goal.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Description of experience:I had my left knee replaced by Dr.Burke in Dec.2011, and my right knee replaced in Jan.2013.All parts of these operations went perfectly. My visits to Dr. Burke's office were excellent. His office staff helped me with all the pre-op tests before the surgeries.The hospital stay was fine. The therapy was superb. After both surgeries, my new knees are fine and walking is painless.Dr. Burke and his staff are wonderful all insurance bill were handled and paid. The $35 is my copay for office visits. Post op check up are completely paid by my insurance. The overall attitude of Dr. Burke and his staff is highly professional. I will return to Dr. Burke for shoulder surgery in the future.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013