Ratings for Dr. John T. Brentar

I cannot recommend him. I found him incompetent, and sloppy. His suggestions were not useful, and he misdiagnosed my child. When he wrote up an expensive learning disability report, in some parts of his reports, he referred to a different child by full name. It seems to me that he copy-pasted the results from an other report.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Brentar administered and evaluated a complex battery of educational and psychological tests to our son . He also carried out extensive interviews with both our son and his parents and eventually determined that he had a hitherto unsuspected learning disability and, in addition, was suffering from anxiety due to a difficult post-divorce situation in our family. He worked closely with all of us and with the school to lessen the impact of the learning issues and saw our son weekly for a couple of years and his father, step,father and me periodically to help him negotiate the early years of adolescence successfully. In addition he helped us to locate the perfect high school placement. He was unfailingly gentle, kind and able to understand and help us all see our way past the problems the LD and family dynamics presented for our son. Of your child or teenager is experiencing educational problems, Dr. John Brentar can provide both helpful in-depth testing and psychological treatment.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013