Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Metz, Jr.

We love Dr. Metz for our children's eyecare! He is very good working with children, has a very calm demeanor, and is an excellent physician. We have had difficulty with doctors who are not familiar with working with high intensity kids with sensory issues and Dr. Metz is great ...he is calm and reassuring, while assessing their eyes. I would highly recommend this pediatric opthalmologist!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Worst doctor we have ever seen. We have been 5x and each time they have lost all our my daughter's paperwork. I have a 1.5 hour drive and 2x they have refused to see my daughter because they lost her paperwork. Dr. Metz said it was crucial for her to have a follow up appointment in 30 days, now here we are 4 months later and still can't see him, because yet again they have lost the paperwork. I called 2 days ago to verify they had everything and the location of the office he would be at. They gave me the wrong address that was yet another 30 mins out of the way, then after 2 hours off waiting they decided he won't see her today. His next available appointment is after the first of the year. It's ridiculous to say the very least.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

my daughter has been seeing Dr Metz for a year now he is really good with the kids

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

After seeing Dr. Metz with my daughter at 15 months old, I refuse to take her anywhere else! He's very kind & informative, as well as the rest of the staff!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

After seeing Dr.Metz with my daughter at 15 months old, I refuse to take her anywhere else! I trust him and his staff!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

I found his staff to be THE friendliest in any medical setting-or most anywhere for that matter. Dr. Metz was friendly, and knowledgable. He is on the quiet side, but still comes across concerned and helpful in diagnosis and treatment. I reccomend him to care for little ones.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

My son has been seeing Dr. Metz since he was 13 months old and he's now 2 1/2. Dr. Metz is a wonderful doctor. He's very patient and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Misdiagnosed my 3 year old, prescribing glasses/patching for "lazy eye." We got a second opinion and were told he will likely out grow his mild farsightedness. This doctor's personality was completely void. He did not want to answer questions.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

ABSOLUTELY the BEST children's eye doctor ever!! I've taken my children to other pediatric opthamologists in Birmingham, only to be very disappointed with their poor skill set dealing with young children.Dr. Metz and his entire staff are extremely knowledgeable,very kind, and excellent with young kids. I wish I would have taken my children to him years ago!! I am extremely selective with the physicians that care for my children, and I have been completely happy with the care provided by Dr. Metz and his office. Excellent care all around!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010