Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey D. Shearer

This office was very sales oriented, the tech kept pushing prescription sunglasses on me and then the doctor was even recommending prescription sunglasses which I don't need. I wear contacts and will never be outside without them. He was even discussing my information outside of the door. It seemed very unprofessional. Not going back.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Awesome Dr. and staff! I won't go anywhere else for my eyecare needs!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

My first visit, and it could not have been better. Because I was leaving town soon, Steven got me on the schedule for a contact fitting. My fitting was not the simplest, but Dr. Shearer and Ashley worked with me until we all were satisfied that I had the best solution. By the end of the day, I felt like a member of the family. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Shearer and Deerwood Family Eye Care.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr Shearer is an excellent optometrist! The staff is nice and friendly but sometimes lax about entering things in your record. Highly suggest that you take the time to get a printout of everything you do at the office in case of a problem later on, so there is never a question about what happened.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

The staff is very pushy! After my eye exam, the ladies were fighting over who would sell me frames, they must make commision and you can tell. I asked for my percription to go and Dr. Shearer was more than happy to give it to me, but made you feel bad for doing so.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

I made the appointment just a few of days before and forgot to go to my appointment because of other things going on. When I called to reschedule, the office staff was very rude to me and said that I had to pay $70 for a no show, I did not even fill out any paperwork or have the first check up for my boys. Furthermore, they did not even inform me of a fee for no shows. I work at a doctors office and you have to have a signature from the patient to collect a no show fee. They said that they called me a couple of days before to remind me, but I did not receive any call. Being the first time I thought they would be nicer. They not only lost one patient, but a family of patients since everyone in my household wears glasses. I will not recommend them to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

I really like Dr. Shearer and his office staff. He is so thorough and keeps trying till he gets your prescription perfect and it's so refreshing to find office staff that knows your insurance benefits so you don't have to argue. I've been going to him for years and will definitely continue

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Got new glasses, contacts and a complete exam. Dr Shearer is a considerate and concientious physician worth your time and money. His staff is of the highest quality.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Highly recommend this optometrist and staff. They are skilled and interact extremely well with patients.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

On Southside (Baymeadows Rd). Dr. Shearer and staff do a thorough job with latest technology. Entirely pleased with their services to patients.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2006

Dr. Jeffrey D. Shearer's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 1985)

AHC