Ratings for Dr. Elise S. Brown

I have been to this doctor twice and both times I have had a horrible experience. The wait time is F-ing ridiculous, she values no ones time. She is very dismissive when you talk to her about your concerns and VERY rude. I am NEVER going back. I recommend you find another OBGYN.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Started off listening to her talk on the phone for 30 min (she was placing an order, shopping online, apparently) while i was patiently waiting in the next room. I came in for birth control. Left empty handed, called several times for follow up and she never returned my calls. I was having some vaginal-strangeness a few weeks later, called a dozen more times only to hear "oh yeah, you have an infection according to your test results. Sorry, someone shoulda called you weeks ago". Really?! Ended up going to planned parenthood. She also billed me for a 'follow up visit' that never took place. Pretty awful experience.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Pregnant with my first, chose Dr. Brown as my OB. Went to my first appointment and everything seemed to be great with her. She came off as a strict Doctor, but I brushed it off as her being concerned for the well being of her patients. At the end of the appointment she was COMPLETELY RUDE. Later that evening I had a lot of pressure and went to the hospital. The nurses called her and she yelled not only at me, but at the nurses on staff over the phone! She said there was NOTHING wrong with me and that even if I was going into labor the fetus is only 22 weeks old and there is nothing she could do about it. I can understand strict Doctors, but she is beyond that. She has a bad attitude and I am NEVER going back or recommending anyone to her.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Dr. Brown was nice and informative. Nurses and staff incompetent and rude. First appointment was a mess because of her staff and I will not be returning. I recommend searching for a different obgyn before making an appt with this office.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

I went to my appointment and everything was looking fine until Dr. Brown started the ultrasound, she told me it was not a normal pregnancy, that the baby didn't form the way it was supposed to, there was no heartbeat, and that in a couple a weeks my body was going to reject it and I was going to pass it. After that I had to wait three and a half weeks to see her again because she went on vacation. All this time I thought I was carrying a dead fetus.I went back to see why I haven't miscarried, and as she started the ultrasound she said "oh, there it is, everything is ok now" I was very confused since she told me I was going to have a miscarriage, I was trying to explain to Dr. Brown why I was concerned and she just kept saying "don't worry about it" before I finished my sentence. So I felt unheard. During those three and a half weeks I was in a very deep depression because I was waiting to "pass" my baby, as she said I would, I don't trust Dr. Brown, I never went back to see her.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. Brown is currently my doctor, and unfortunately at 30 weeks pregnant I am having to try to get a new doctor before my baby arrives. At first I liked her, but the more I have been seeing her the more I feel uncomfortable. So far any pains that I have had throughout my pregnancy I have had to see my primary doctor for because Dr. Brown does not seem to care! No I am not just having a bad day. This is something that has been happening for months now, and I tried giving her second chances and it did not work. In fact at 29 weeks pregnant I called and complained of pains in my side, and was told to call my primary care doctor. Just one of the MANY things that makes not want her delivering my baby. Again not just a bad day! Bad months with her as a doctor. This is my first pregnancy, and I feel completely let down on the experience thanks to her. The communication is not there, and I feel like the proper care is not there!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

I love Dr. Brown. She has delivered all three of my children and is scheduled to deliver baby number four. No C-sections here. She has a great personality and is an outstanding OB. She is familiar with natural, unmedicated childbirth. When it came time to give birth at the hospital, she was there to make sure the baby and I were doing good. She is a great doctor! Sometimes I have been unhappy with how long I've had to wait in her reception area, but she is always on call and sometimes has to go deliver a baby. Overall, a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

So a friend of mine tells me about this website on rating your doctors. So I decided to look up my og/gyn doctor, Dr. Elise Brown. After reader all this comments, I was shocked. This is not the Dr. Brown that I know. These people were probably just having a bad day or they're just a miserable person. I've been seeing Dr. Brown for almost 6 years. She delivered my 2 children. I recommended her to all my friends and family and they all love her! So don't believe what you read here! She's great and her staff is wonderful. Gina B

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I saw her over a year ago, and keep getting bogus bills ever since. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

This dr. punctured my uterus during a d&c for a missed miscarriage. I wanted to just wait it out, but she pushed (hard) for the d&C ($$$$?) but then she puncuted my uterus and I left there still pregnant. Then, she charged me! Also, she is not at all knowledgeabout about medical management of a miscarriage. She had no idea you could use misoprostol as a medical management of non-ectopic pregnancies, as mine was. The next dr. I went to couldn't believe she wouldn't know such a thing and told me that the only reason my uterus could have been punctured was if she was in a hurry. Which she was! She was an hour late to the surgery, then left right after, while I was still waking up groggy from anesthesia "to pick up her kids" as the surgery staff told me. She breifly told me she punctured my uterus while I was still waking up from the anesthesia and when my husband had more questions, she had already left the building. She's horrific! She's always, always very, very late, too.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Dr. Elise S. Brown's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1993)