Ratings for Dr. Ashley D. Gooding

she was my ob with my 2nd child, i went natural all the way (medication free) so i dont know about some of you who are saying she doesnt support natural birth. she got to the hospital really fast too. now that were expecting our baby no.3, i came back to her and ofcourse, she is still being the excellent doctor i could have ask for. she is knowledgeable and she really takes her time to talk everything do's and donts etc. i would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

The best OBGYN in Alabaster. Love her! She is very smart and took exceptional care of my baby and me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Saw Dr. Gooding for my first pregnancy, and was left feeling disempowered from my birth experience. I was unable to walk in labor or even leave the bed, had continuous monitoring for no medical reason, and was given Pitocin against my will. Since my first child's 1st birthday, I've been trying to have a second baby. She was no help to me through my struggle with infertility. She and nurses on her staff repeatedly told me my progesterone and thyroid levels were "just fine," even after I requested to be told the specific numbers, looked them up myself and found them to be low, then called back to double check with them. They insisted I was wrong. Changed doctors and first glance at my blood work from her office, my new doctor said yes, both are low. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted 3 years trying for a second baby if I had seen a different doctor sooner. She is also very overly medical-minded, NOT natural friendly. Wanted to induce me for no medical reason at 38 weeks with my first child. Just sad. Wish I knew what her C section and induction rates are. VBAC rate is probably nonexistent.... I'm never going back.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I relocated and am finding it very difficult to say the least to find good doctors. I will admit this may be because I am very picky. I have health problems that have been over looked or not fully understood by other doctors. Ever since I took my health into my own hands learning about my issues and the medications prescribed for them. I also demand a lot from my doctors. Of all the doctors I have seen since moving to this area Dr. Gooding and the staff at her office has been one of the better experiences. She seems to have a good amount of knowledge and experience in gynecological issues.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Gooding was very knowledgeable and helpful. I saw her twice and she helped me find another Doctor when I needed a procedure as her office was not in my insurance network. She was very clear on what I needed to do and why I needed to do it. Without even asking, she also gave me a list of suggested primary care doctors in the area in my network.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

She is excellent. Very knowledgable. Extremely helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

She was dismissive to questions I ask her and I had to wait over an hour to see her.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gooding for many years and can say that she has treated me with utmost respect and has gone above and beyond to help me with hormonal issues. To those of you writing bad reviews, you haven't walked a mile in her shoes! I happen to know that early on in her career here in Shelby Co she helped a young lady that INSISTED on having natural birth give birth to a very handicapped child. Dr. Gooding tried several times during the delivery to get the young lady to do emergency C section. Because of this she isn't going to put her career and education on the line with people that want listen to her advice!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

Worst ob I have ever seen. She is rude and has absolutely so bedside manner. She had no knowledge of some pregnancy issues I was having. She rarely listened to anything I said. I'm not going to my 6 week check up post csection. It is not worth the stress. Kinda felt she treated me different because I'm on Medicaid but know others with regular insurance that will not be back also.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

NATURAL BIRTH? FIND ANOTHER DR! She is controlling, closed minded, unsupportive of natural moms. This is dangerous bc many women would like to have a nat. birth in a hospital with little intervention. Drs like Gooding make women to feel more comfortable with an at home birth. This puts lives in danger in case of complications. Fortunately, I switched to a more supportive Dr. at 38 wks. I had a successful natural birth, but under Gooding's care, I would have been uncomfortable and requested drugs and possibly a c section. The Bradley Method helped me deliver vag and drug free during a complicated second stage. While discussing my birth plan with her, Gooding made it clear to me that I would not be using Bradley, would be lying on my back with my feet in the stirrups, and would not be changing positions during pushing. She disrespected my husband to his face, and almost fired me as a patient for asking questions about a Rhogam vaccine. I left her office in tears. she never apologized

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Dr. Ashley D. Gooding's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union