Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Feldman

Lisa Feldman has treated my 9 year old for the past 6 years. She was the first and the only dentist he has ever seen. My 9 year old has always been a good and cooperative child, so we never had any problems (except for a few bad cleaning jobs that I never brought to her attention). I also have a 4 year old who is a somewhat difficult child. I took him to Lisa for his first check up when he turned 4. The whole experience was horrifying . He was pinned down to the exam table, and her whole team was holding him. He was screaming and crying, struggling to get up, vomit coming out of his mouth (he has a strong gag reflex).( Ever since he is terrified to lay down on the exam table at the doctor's office.) I did not like what happened there and decided to point out these few issues the next time I take him there.( I wanted him to have a good experience and did not want to terrorize him.) I called about a day prior to his second cleaning appointment (6 months later), and discussed these issues with her office staff. They promptly informed Lisa about it. When we arrived for the appointment she didn't even want to look at him. She told me that she cannot examine his teeth unless he lays down on the table. I told her that he is not going to do that because he is scared, but would cooperate if he's sitting. She basically dismissed us and kept repeating that it's not going to work out. As soon as her staff informed her about my call, she knew she wouldn't treat him. Nobody from her office had decency to call me and let me know that she was not going to see him. I wasted my time going there, I also took my child out of school so I could take him to his appointment. Very disappointed after so many years of being her customers! She never showed any gratitude for our business nor any sensitivity toward my child. Very embarrassing and shameful experience. If you have a difficult child do not go here. Lisa expects your child to work with her when it should be the other way around. Would not recommend to anybody!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015