Ratings for Dr. Jason M. Cohen

My experience at Dr. Cohen's office began with the receptionist who let us stand there for about 5 minutes before acknowledging us even though no one else was in the office. She acted very unfriendly toward us. When we met Dr. Cohen he didn't seem to be in a good mood. The feeling I got from him was that he is really angry inside, but he put on a mildly friendly facade. After the examination, Dr. Cohen wanted to take a panoramic x-ray of my child. I am very careful with x-rays because of radiation exposure since radiation is cumulative over your lifetime and children are particularly vulnerable since they're small and their cells are dividing rapidly. When I asked him about the panoramic x-ray and how much radiation it gives off, the anger came through, but he stifled it and instead he became very patronizing. He told me that it gives off less radiation than bite-wing x-rays. This is simply not true. From what I've learned doing research on-line, panoramic x-rays have about twice as much radiation as bite-wing x-rays. Then he said "don't worry, it's free". Money was not the reason I was inquiring about it. I asked about it so I could make a fully educated decision for the highest health of my child.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015