Ratings for Dr. Fidel Barbosa

Dr Barbosa is the most caring and considerate dentist I have had the pleasure to work with. His entire staff at Turningpoint Dental Implant center made my procedure easy & smooth from start to finish. You can tell that his 21 years of experience has made him an expert in his field. If you go anywhere else you are doing yourself an injustice. Thank you Dr Barbosa for my new amazing smile.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I recently visited Dr. Barbosa at the Turning Point Dental Implant Center at Keystone at the Crossing. He was polite, however either not very knowledgeable about my condition or he was after money. He said I needed a biopsy because I had an abnormal xray. I went to another oral surgeon that diagnosed me with a condition common to African American females. I DID NOT NEED A BIOPSY, and the DENTAL TEXTBOOK said (the doctor showed me) that after diagnosis, THERE IS NO TREATMENT. Diagnosis is made by xray, demographics (black females) and by healthy bone/teeth. Dr. Barbosa sent me home on a Friday at 4p thinking I possibly had cancer, and I have never smoked, nor had any risk factors. I will not go back. And he could not stay off of his IPhone while talking to me! I called to cancel the appointment, after I had been to the new doctor, and he did not want me to cancel. He kept saying additional treatment could be filed under my medical insurance.He knew there wouldn't be treatment

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr. Barbosa has been our family dentist for the past 12 years. We started seeing him when his practice was at the faculty practice for the IU School of Dentistry, where he still teaches. His hours are super-convenient as he has very early and late appointments. We have never had to wait even 10 minutes to see him. He is great with children; my four-year old daughter actually looks forward to seeing him. When he moved his practice to Carmel, though it is a 45-minute drive for us, we stayed with him because we trust him and know that he is most knowledgeable about best practices and treatments since he still teaches dental students at IU. His dental hygienist has been with him for years; she is professional and gentle. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Bad bad dentist... he is NOT a professional. too expensive and shady job being done

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010