Ratings for Dr. Shekar Narayanan

Completely rude and unaccomodating staff. Cite "office policies" for anything and everything they don't want to help you with. No respect for patient's wishes nor any empathy for patient concerns. Such a shame because Dr. Narayanan is a great surgeon but the stress caused by these ridiculous (or supposed) "policies" is torturous for someone just needing help and answers. Really no excuse......

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I had a colonoscopy and had a large polyp. I was told they were unable to remove the polyp and a biopsy was taken. I was told if the biopsy was abnormal I would need a colon resection. The biopsy came back normal so i was given a choice for a colon resection or a repeat colonoscopy in 1 month to attempt to remove the polyp. I chose the colonoscopy and the full polyp was removed. The pathology came back with his grade dysplasia this time and they told me to have another colonoscopy in 3 months. I questioned them stating before i was told if i had any abnormal cells in the pathology i would need a colon resection and now they state only a colonoscopy in 3 months. The nurse, naomi, told me all i can tell you is what the doctor told me. I asked for them to clarify the miscommunication and they told me I must make an appointment and pay for a consultation again if I had questions. This is very poor and unprofessional practice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I recently had a procedure performed by Dr. Narayanan. Very compassionate doctor! He took the time to answer all of my questions. I feel like he truly has a concern for his patients well being. I would highly recommend this doctor to my family and friends. Also want to say thank you to his entire staff for the ease of my check in and the nurses for their excellent care.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Narayanan has now taken care of my Mother and 2 of my brothers. His caring demeanor made them all feel comfortable that they were in the best care. Dr. Narayanan is professional, knowledgeable and able to explain medical facts so the patient is in complete understanding. We all found his office staff to be professional, friendly and welcoming.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I was there to see this Dr. and money was stolen from my purse, and the staff just brushed it off.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I recently had a procedure performed by Dr. Naravana. Very compassionate doctor! He took the time to answer all of my questions. I feel like he truly has a concern for his patients well being. I would highly recommend this doctor to my family and friends. Also want to say thank you to his entire staff for the ease of my check in and the nurses for their excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I had a perforated bowel from another surgery. Dr. Narayanan was the specialist that was called in to operate. He performed an Ileostomy as a temporary fix. I didn't was to have to wear a bag, however, my colon needed a chance to heal. I wore the bag for 7 months until her performed the final surgery. He put my colon back together, advised me on the things I should slowly allow back into my diet until my body becomes accustomed again. Dr. Narayanan was never rude to me, he answered all the questions that I had and he took time to sit down and talk with me.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Saw me same day and fixed my problem that night. Have had no more issues.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Honestly, I read a couple of reviews and was a little thrown off. But after meeting him, he alleviated any concerns. He was very caring and had a plan. He then called me at home the next day to be sure I understood what we were doing. He saw me everyday in the hospital and I doing great. He has changed my life.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Extremely compassionate. Spent over an hour with me and my family discussing our options. I have done great and really believe it is because of him. I am thankful I found him

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. Shekar Narayanan's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1993)