Ratings for Dr. Waymon Benton

Unfortunnelty Dr Benton passed away the summer of 2017. You will be greatly missed Dr B.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Benton for years and he was always fantastic . Unfortunatly, he passed away in 2016. RIP Dr B.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I have been working with him for years and he is excellent. Very knowledgeable about family systems and especially challenges for South Asians. He is caring, patient, and is not pushy.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

LOVE Dr. B - he really digs deep and helps YOU find the root of the issue and what needs to be done to correct it. I have referred several friends and family and they ALL love him...

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I posted before (on 10/9/11 -- please look and review that first). Between ending our sessions with this USELESS therapist and now, i have uncovered that my wife had been hiding SOO MUCH from me and that she NEVER "came clean" in therapy! As i mentioned above (10/9/11) i KNEW something SINISTER was at the CORE of our problems (and i KNEW it was my WIFE and not ME!). Well, Dr. Benton was BLIND to it all... he wasted my (our time!), though, so did my wife! and, well, i was blind too for not seeing through ALL of her BS! if you want to WASTE your time/money/effort, go to him! Otherwise, avoid like the plague! I asked multiple times "...we never get past the surface stuff, we need to get to the core!..." but he ignored my pleas! And now, the mrs is out of the house and we are (rather I am) holding on to my family by a thread! Thanks Doc. Benton! You might consider LISTENING to the concerns of your patients once in a while! (yes, am bitter)

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

As much as he was very helpful with digging through the complexities that my wife and i had in our marriage (and uncovered very important demons for us), i rarely felt as though he gave us tangible (broad) advice as to how to handle these issues. On a few occasions i was quite frustrated with how the sessions went as it appeared to me (indeed, NOT a therapist!) that he had missed out on a chance to really address MAJOR issues in our relationship - just kind'a brushed them to the side, focusing on "minor details" and not BIG PICTURE items and i had to be the one to say "...but we will get back to that, right?..." Sadly, we never did and my mrs and i have had to seek help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Dr. Benton is very kind and understanding. My son felt very comfortable around him and he was able to help him cope with recent deaths and other issues.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr Benton is excellent! He helps you get a clear understanding of why situations arise in your life. How patterns form in families from your ancestors. I have referred several family members and friends. They are all very pleased as well.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

This therapist is highly focused on social justice issues. Unfortunately, he focuses on them more so than on clinical issues. Almost every session I had with him resulted in arguments about issues completely unrelated to why I'd gone to see him in the first place. I finally gave up and found a new therapist.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr. Benton is very patient and insightful. I would recommend him to anyone looking for support around managing family relations as well as for people who are looking for support around self growth.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Dr. Waymon Benton's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.