Ratings for Dr. Leatha J. Wood

Went to GHDC thru a recommendation. I have quite a bit of work that needs to be done and they started procedures to "rebuild my smile". After 3 1/2 months of different procedures, I was informed they couldn't continue any work. I had paid quite a bit out of pocket & had good insurance and was told all along - no worries, we'll restore your smile. Needless to say I was quite disappointed. If you go, be prepared to sit in the waiting room for at least 15 minutes each visit. My last visit there was a 25 minute wait. My main concern was taking care of a few damaged teeth - not walking out of there with a head full of neon white crowns.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Wonderful place. I am so happy I made the switch. Very friendly staff

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

My husband and I were new to the Grand Haven area and were in need of some dental work. We randomly chose to go to Dr. Wood's office and had a great experience. Both my husband and I needed a lot of work done and when we were first told how much it was going to costs we were discouraged. We explained to the staff that as recent college graduates we were extremely short on cash. The staff and Dr. Wood were extremely accommodating and worked with us to still receive treatment while having it be affordable. The staff were very friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

I second the comment that it may be a SCAM! I went in for a cleaning, little did I know all they do for a cleaning is SPRAY your teeth with a "baking soda solution." Literally there is no scrub/spin-brush involved during your "cleaning." Maybe I'm old fashioned but... I want my teeth actually CLEANED when I pay for a cleaning. The only reason they have so many good reviews is b/c they give away Starbucks gift cards to those who leave positive reviews, just an FYI.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Very friendly and professional. The staff is always ready to answer questions and makes sure your needs are being met.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Be cautious with this practice. They are very kind and do good work but this comes at a high price. I was a former patient but had to leave. Each visit I was requested to schedule a "follow up" until I reached 8 consultations before any real dental work was done. This included 100$ toothpastes and 5 visits the first year. When the time came for the work is was 100% more than 2 other offices I went to for a second opinion. I'm sure the work would have been satisfactory but my complaint is, they don't offer options. All their suggestions for both my wife and I were for the best ( most expensive ) option only. When asked if there were cheaper solutions we were told they wouldn't perform them. They actually pulled us into an office to discuss a 40,000 implant procedure. They didn't even break stride when our jaws hit the floor. We found a non implant option for 1200 that has worked well now for years. Probably a great option for someone who can afford 10's of thousands in dental work. For the rest of us, try someplace else. I got the sense this office was perfectly happy catering to the high end clientele in the area.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I recently moved to Grand Haven from Illinois. I had a broken tooth that needed attention immediately. I called Dr. Leatha Wood's office and the fronthey were very caring and understanding about my problem and got me in right away and got me in right away! Unfortunately due to a horrible past experience with a dentistI was petrified to go in but needed the tooth to come out. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted with a smile and told everything was going to be ok. Dr. Wood was simply amazing!! She was very understanding that I was scared and petrified of needles. I was so thankful for her for being so gentle that I did not feel a single shot! She had my tooth extracted before I even realized she was done. I wish I would have found her sooner and I would have kept on my dental visits. She has made my past 2 dental visits amazing and they were both extractions. I will be keeping up with her on a regular basis! Thank You So Much Dr. Wood and Staff you all are my heroes! Shannon Runyon

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I went in for my 1st time thinking I was going to get the usual......x-rays and cleaning........Boy was I in for a surprise!!! 2.5 hrs later....a sore mouth from all the pics they took...then to find out they were not going to clean my teeth. Said it was a waste of $89.00.....and they really don't do that much as much as a dental procedure. I was sat down with the office sales person to review the ( issues ) I have. Looks like a $2000 bill when its all said and done. And they want the money before they do the work. They gave me a

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Perhaps the biggest scam practice in the History of Dentistry . . . . consultations galore through a well-rehearsed staff, all leading up to an OUTRAGEOUS price. Little wonder they can only stay open two or three days a week. After a lifetime of regular/twice-yearly dental care, I was given an 'estimate' of over $10,000 for work that was soon thereafter performed for $3,000. While many doctors of dentistry in the area are reticent to speak negatively of any "colleague," I've found that MANY are willing to do so on the QT about this particularly person. BE highly wary of this practice and her billboards. And think about this . . . ONE dentist, open at best three days a week, staff of five or six or so -- do the math.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Phenominal staff and very patient-centered.....wish the rating went higher!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013