Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Samson

In my case Dr Robert L Samson in West Hills/Canoga Park, CA, has served as a Worker's Comp AME/QME who is sadly "in bed with the insurance companies." This statement was made by an attorney I consulted with who read Dr Samson's report that he prepared for the court after my examination with him. My treating physician who specializes in spine surgery, who is associated with a top-notch orthopedic group covering both LA and Orange counties, who has 5 publications and lectures regularly, clearly points out the injury on the MRI images. Yet, Dr Samson can't seem to find anything wrong on the images. Dr Samson categorized my back injury as one that is "vague" and "in the grey, " possibly emotionally or mentally imaged. He is clearly unprofessional and biased in my opinion when it comes to worker's compensation cases. I can not rate him as an orthopedic doctor, only as an Agreed/Qualified Medical Examiner as that has been my only experience with him. It is my opinion that he lacks integrity and honesty in lieu of what ever payment and/or benefits that he receives from defending attorneys.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014