Ratings for Dr. David Bjelica

Dr. Bjelica is the best doctor I have ever been to. He is attentive, funny, and genuinely cares about his patients. His bedside manner is impeccable, and I always walk out of there feeling like I was cared for. Doctor Bjelica always does what is right for the patient! If you are looking for a doctor with tremendous knowledge, great bedside manner, wit, and one who genuinely cares for you, go see Dr. B. If you want someone who will gloss things over and treat you like a number go to the UCLA or Kaiser.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I have had diabetes for 39 years. In that time I've 1 excellent doctor (Manuel Fernandez, Bellflower,CA), a few mediocre, and 2 bad ones. Dr Blelica is one of those 2 (the other is Ann Kershnar who has a 1 star rating on this site) He was unbelievably unprofessional, uncaring, and worst of all he gave me very bad advice. He yelled at me because my hemoglobin A1c had gone up. Yelled that he didn't want a patient who couldn't take better care of herself and told me to get out of his office, stating he didn't want to be seen as responsible if I died. Mind you this is all going on at the top of his lungs. I sat there dumb-founded wondering if he wasn't having a low blood sugar of his own. I left and the front office staff couldn't even look up at me. One of the staff was the same very young attractive girl who on my previous visit with him (at the end of the day) had made it clear that they were leaving together to go on a date. I was surprised at the physical interaction they showed in front of me right there at the front desk so when he stepped away I asked her how she got her job (which she was pretty bad at) "Craigslist" was the answer. Great. btw I was/am the mom of 3 kids, with a job and a bad marriage. Yelling at a patient with fluctuating glucose levels is never acceptable, let alone one in that situation. Oh yeah...the bad advice he gave me on the aforementioned previous visit? Double my insulin dosage, all at once - and use the insulin pen to do it (a company he was financially invested in). Ethics violations galore! It's a wonder I didn't report him, probably the kids and work had me too tired to. Nuff said.

Submitted September 5, 2015

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Helped so much! Very polite! I would recommend him to everybody!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I've had very good experiences with Dr. Bjelca. I have never been put on hold and have had to call daily to get blood test results. One Friday the doctor was not in to talk to me about my results but called me on SATURDAY to discuss them. He was very concerned about me and even gave me his cell phone number to reach him over the weekend. He ended up sending me to the ER and he was in touch with me and the ER doc during that time. I was able to text him the following day (Sunday) and he got right back to me. My GP who referred me to him said he was very thorough and after being sick for 9 months with no answers I did not mind his thoroughness at all. His office is gorgeous and lacks smells of any kind. Not sure what the other reviewer was talking about. Dr. Bjelca was able to diagnose my problem in a week after my GP and specialist at UCLA could not. He's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

I have been under the care of Dr. Bjelica for 2 years now. He is very knowledgeable in his field and. I am very satisfied with his care. He seems to care very much for his patients and I have never felt rushed at my appointment. He is always trying to educate his patients on their diseases; which I feel is wonderful. Not many doctors take the time anymore. His staff is very friendly, however, they do not seem to be very knowledgeable about questions they are asked. I would highly recommend Dr. Bjelica with any issues you have in the field of Endocrinology.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

I came here feeling the ill effects of low testosterone. He was not sure. He ordered extensive blood work. Turns out I have low testosterone. He made sure I was very informed before I made a decision on what was the right course of action to take. He is punctual, returns phone calls and has a nice bed side manner. What else does one need?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

DUE TO FALSE AND INACCURATE STATEMENTS MADE BY SOME USERS THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Would prefer to go to another doc who is more friendly and takes time to explain things in a detailed manner. They do not provide reminder calls for an appointment and use this to charge late fees and no-show fees of over 100.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

DR BENJELICA WAS COLD AND UNCARING IN MY OPINION IF YOU ARE SICK DO NOT SEEK ANY HELP FROM HIM.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. David Bjelica's Credentials

Healthnet
MSP/BC Med
Wellpoint

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bjelica is the best doctor I have ever been to. He is attentive, funny, and genuinely cares about his patients. His bedside manner is impeccable, and I al..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had diabetes for 39 years. In that time I've 1 excellent doctor (Manuel Fernandez, Bellflower,CA), a few mediocre, and 2 bad ones. Dr Blelica is one of ..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a great guy! The most caring doctor I have ever met plus he is very funny and makes you feel comfortable!!"

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Helped so much! Very polite! I would recommend him to everybody!"

October 23, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2887990'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 6, 2014