Ratings for Dr. Janet C. Bodey

I called several times about my appointment which was confirmed. My insurance requires a referral from my dentist which was sent over twice. No one informed me of any issues until I arrived for my appointment. They said they never received the form, then backtracked and said they did receive it but it was not correct. Then refused to work with my dentist to get a new form or figure out a way to treat me. The dentist refused to speak with me about the issue and refused to treat me even though they told me on the phone they took my insurance and confirmed the appointment. The receptionist also referred to the office as a store and said "sorry the store is now closed" Also, when I arrived at the office it was unsanitary and people were sleeping on chairs in the front office area. It's probably for the best that they refused to see me because given the office conditions I probably would have left without a limb. BEWARE AND DO NOT USE THIS DENTIST

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Disaster of an experience!!! Stay far away. I've been battling their office and my insurance company for 10 months because her team sent inaccurate claims. They're all incredibly rude to deal with on the phone and nobody is efficient. They are certainly scamming in some way and it's been a massive headache.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I am so fed up with her and her staff.I would not go to her if my life depended on it.She is the worst person ever.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Today 6/28/2017 had a large cracked wisdom tooth pulled. Amazing knowledgeable doctor, pleasant and professional. Extraction was done and Nader twilight. Never even was aware procedure was done and completed. Prescriptions were waiting at my pharmacy I would not under any circumstances go to anyone but doctor Bodey. Just an amazing, pleasant and highly professional practice.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I had a simple oral surgery in the office covered by my insurance. But they sent my tissue specimen to the laboratory that is out of my insurance network and never told me about this. Now I ended up with more than $300 out of my pocket, which I have to pay for this laboratory services. I looks like a scam to me because any provider have to tell their patients what is covered and what is not going to be covered by his/her insurance.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I went to her dental office in Jackson Heights for an extraction and followup Thank you Dr Bodey and your staff : Genesis, Marlene and also Vicky and Christine .

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Janet is a very rude person. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I took my child to the office on castle hill and found everyone to be very friendly and caring. She wasn't the doctor that day doctor park was. Every one made sure my son was comfortable n relaxed. Great experience

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I went to the one at 164 st and Broadway the staff receptionist are nice and another which took a plaque . The first time I didn't feel nothing cause I ask for general anesthesia, but the second I feel all the pain cause the doctor in this location didn't give me to take it , cause they put it through a niddle .. I will no go back to that place no more . Instead of having less pain I feel the whole through procedure..

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

Staff pleasant, although after filling out papers, my great aunt's name was misspelled & they logged in the wrong address. At first, I felt confident with Dr. Bodey. She directed the conversation to my 81 yr old aunt & never addressed her pacemaker. I was strictly instructed by my aunt's cardiologist that she is to take antibiotics prior to ANY dental work AND she is not to have epinephrine. Dr. Bodey continued to refer to the American Heart Association stating it wasn't necessary to take antibiotics. All the while keeping a smile, her annoyance toward me continued and she then asked me if I knew better and wanted to do the tooth extraction myself! I told her she was going over my aunt's cardiologist's orders. She continued to emphasize that antibiotics were not necessary and epinephrine was OK in small doses. I finally stated I would call the cardiologist if she wanted to speak with her. My aunt passed out after the extraction. What do I know? I'm the caregiver! Terrible experience!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014