Ratings for Dr. Brian A. Misaka

In a 30 minute consultation with my daughter and ex-partner, this man erroneously concluded that she had been sexually abused without any proper training whatsoever. Even when admitting his lack of ability in the field, he showed no regret for his actions. He is not recognized by the American Psychological Association. Please do not bring your children around this man or trust him at all.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I have met many Biblical councilors in my day. Brian Misaka is by far the most helpful.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Misaka really helped us at a time when our marriage was falling apart. He was very easy to talk to and helped to put our relationship in perspective, so that my husband and I were able to understand each other on a completely different level, centered around God.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Misaka was able to listen to my struggles, find a starting point within them, and guide me down a path that brought hope and light to my life. He never condemned me for my continuing areas of sin, but exhorted me to focus on the positive, on the beneficial things, which would alter my thought process and correct a downward spiral back into that area of sin. At times his suggestions were a bit uncommon, but his point was having any goal to work towards is better than no goal at all. During my time with him he had no staff, but I had to put something down. After every session he would pray for me, and I could sense the heartfelt honesty and earnestness of his words. He spoke life into me, giving me hope and the determination to master my struggles with faith in God. I would meet with him just after lunch, so sometimes I was a bit behind, sometimes his lunch ran a tad late. Never more than ten minutes though, so I was never kept waiting long.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011