Dr. William F. Beringer

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. William F. Beringer

Dr. Beringer has been a real blessing! I couldn't ask for a better surgeon. For 3 years I have been trying to get surgery on my neck , I even had a Dr. tell me I didn't need surgery because I believe he didn't feel he he was experienced enough to handle what I needed done . I was sent to Dr. Beringer after the other Dr. refused to do the surgery and my prayers were answered. He took one look and automatically scheduled my surgery. He did such a superior job that I had family telling me to at least pretend like I just had a 4 level ACDF. I healed so quickly I couldn't even believe it. Thank you Doctor Beringer. I feel great! My meds are actually being lowered instead of raised because my pain was so high but I have hope that I will be able to one day soon be completely off pain meds after three years. I can't wait! I was so impressed with the Dr. I recommend anyone to him. I'm using him again for my carpel tunnel surgery. I hope the good Doctor stays with us on Oahu for the long haul. He has a great bedside manner I like that he makes takes the time to explain things to you and you never feel rushed or like your an inconvenience like some Dr. do. After surgery he comes by to see how your doing and answered all questions which was nice . Aftercare is also well managed by staff and him.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

The staff at Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience are absolutely amazing. I am always blessed with such a wonderful experience each and every time I come in for an appointment. Dr. Beringer is an asset to the team and I am forever grateful for the care he's provided to me. Not only is Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience blessed to have Dr. Beringer, but Castle Hospital, and the State of Hawaii is blessed to have Dr. Beringer's expertise and healing hands. Wish Yelp had 10 Stars to give, as Dr. Beringer deserves 10 out of 10 stars! I highly recommend Dr. Beringer and Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Beringer is not only an exquisite surgeon, but an individual with a kind heart and compassion for his patients. He was willing to do my husbands back surgery last minute with no hesitation, yet we've only met him that evening in the hospital. My husband suffered for many weeks with pinched nerves in his back and Dr. Beringer was a Savior! You can trust him 100%. He cares about his patients even after surgery. Rarely do you find surgeons like him! He's the best! My husband walked the day after surgery that's how good he is and very knowledgeable of what he's doing.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Beringer is a brilliant and caring surgeon! After being turned away by 4 other neurosurgeons who would not accept my husband's VA coverage, Dr. Beringer not only saw my husband and confirmed his spinal stenosis, but more importantly, questioned whether this was what was causing his intense leg pain. He suspected leg circulation problems could be the primary issue and suggested another opinion. My husband saw his vascular surgeon who confirmed blockages in both legs! Within hours after his outpatient stent operation, he was walking slowly, but without pain for the first time in more than six months! Praise God for the knowledge, skill and caring of surgeons like William Beringer and Elna Masuda, who go to great lengths to ensure the most outstanding outcomes for their patients!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr B did a great job fixing my back , in dec, 15 , I had a major improvement in quality of life after surgery , wish he was still around , need another surgery , not sure who is taking care of his former patients!!! Any advise would be great!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

This Dr is one of the best..He has a heart of gold, and always try to do the best he can to help you.I was BLESSED to have him as my Dr.Hawaii gained and amazing Dr.I hope he's loving it there. ..Miss you tons Dr.B...

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr B is chronically late for appointments, but I appreciate the time he makes for me and my mom. He was also able to diagnose and fix my mom's problem on the first visit when another neurosurgeon was treating her with spine injections that didn't help...I wish we had those co-pays back.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

This doctor almost killed me in Oklahoma. He does the surgery and then knows nothing about taking care of the pt afterward. He discusses other patients by name in front of other patients which is a huge privacy violation.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr Beringer fixed my neck and ulnar nerve Thursday. I can feel my hand and my neck hurts a lot less than I thought it would. Scott was helpful for my work FMLA papers and Rx.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

This doctor did his evaluation of my spinal problem in about 5 minutes. He was immediately talking to me about what kind ofsurgery he ccould do to fix my back. The problem I have with this is that he had not yet had any diagnostic tests to find out what the actually wrong with my spine. I found this very alarming. Afterwards, he did order a spine x-rayand mri. When he got the rresults in from both, he and his assistant refused to tell me what the results were. As a result of the bizarre way that he treated me, I had no choice but to terminate him from being my doctor.

Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. William F. Beringer

Dr. William F. Beringer's response
Nice try. I may be guilty of many of things, but shoot from the hip surgical decision making --- I'm not that guy in this town. I am well known in the community for proceeding slowly to surgery and getting MRIs, CTs and EMG testing to make a diagnosis of what is causing the pain or neurological problem. This is easy information to get since we work with in-house physiatrists, have an MRI in the basement of the practice and St Luke's CT scanner is across the street. That's actually the beauty of our practice --- we can work things up efficiently since we do not have to send patients to multiple offices to coordinate work up and treatment. This is important to patients coming form out of town who want to get testing and diagnosis made on the same day...which is USUALLY possible. Sometimes the problem is obvious. Once a DIAGNOSIS is made, pain management, surgery or neurology referral may be warranted. However, there IS a subset of patients I see who have no imaging or electrophysiology data to support their claims of weakness and pain. In those cases, I cannot prescribe pain medicine or make people seem injured for a disability claim when they are not.....especially if I am not the surgeon who originally operated on them.

Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. William F. Beringer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• Nova Southeastern University (Grad. 2001)

• AOBS Board Certified until 2027