Ratings for Dr. David W. Barnett

The lady in the insurance office, Helen, isn't pleasant and will not deal with this organization in the future. We have multiple insurances to pay for our children and was charged $1,245 upfront for the surgery. I found this odd since we have two major medical plans and two dental insurances to cover this surgery. We paid the money and later found out that Blue Cross paid $1067 and Always Care $256. However, this lady Helen said she would not refund our money until she received the insurance request from United Concordia. When I attempted to discuss with her she was extremely rude placed me on speaker phone and said I was yelling at her which isn’t true and refused to let me schedule a meeting with the MD Barnett David. I don’t understand why we can’t receive the $1245 we paid gave them initially if our insurance companies has paid for the surgery. It is perplexing that we were charged so much money upfront when it was clear our insurances were going to pay them. No one in my family will use this organization in the future and can only site a lack of competence in the insurance section if you have to pay for the surgery upfront until their organization receives their payment from the insurance company. This has never happened to us and we generally never pay more for our co-pays providing the surgery is preauthorized. The doctor did a great job but question his ability in selecting staff members that work with patients to solve insurance problems and have less of a burden to families with stellar insurance plans. This is a lot of money and a hardship we had to overcome to get the money for this surgery and just don’t think this organization is looking out for the best interest of its clients.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I was thoroughly pleased by Dr. Barnett and his staff. They were all so friendly and pleasant to be around, and they took time to listen and explain things. I would recommend Dr. Barnett to anyone who needs to see an oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013