Ratings for Dr. Gary R. Markoff

Dr. Markoff has been my GYN and OB for close to 20yrs...What I love the most about him, is his knowledge and the fact that he is straight forward and does not " beat around the bush"... I have two healthy beautiful children all under the watch of dear Dr. Markoff... If you want a doctor that knows what their doing.. and a Staff that is respectful and knowledgeable as well..

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

He created PTSD from birth trauma for me. Cold, rude and obnoxious person.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

A respectful, sensitive, and knowledgeable physician, with a remarkably gracious and polite staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

I began using Dr. Markoff when i was hoping to get pregnant with my first child. Dr. Markoff's personalized attention throughout the process- walking me through every step of my pregnancy, and a scare with a unknown mass that was uncovered during my 6th month- comforted me and my husband during this new stage in life. During delivery, Dr. Markoff was calm and reassuring, and took every step to make sure i had the type of delivery i was comfortable with. I am lucky to have such a good doctor who cares about me as a person and patient.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

first appointment Dr. M was kindly enough to get me to the second one. After that, I felt that he was just doing his job as soon as he can with ANOTHER patient. He show no interest what so ever for any of my questions (making me feel stupid every time I asked something). In the delivery room while I was pushing, he was seating in front of my legs texting on his iphone!!!!! plus mentioning how many mums have deliver quicker than me. I could go on and on with lots of details about him but I just want to say... if you are looking for a doc to have your baby (especially the first one) DO NOT use this guy. As a side note, nurses couldn't be more rude and they look depress or bored all the time!! ... I really just don't like this place! don't go!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Dr. Markoff is amazing. He's the best dr I've ever had. He always calls back. I can ask himanything. I was once bt internists and I was trying to have a baby, but wasn't pregnant, and I called him w a question about mono and he gave me advice and didn't rush me off the phone or make me feel stupid for calling him. I've had one baby, one miscarriage, and I'm pregnant w my 2nd now and I think so highly of him. I have 2 depends I recommended to him and my sister. He's laid back. And he's funny which I totally need bc I'm terrified of birth. He's not warm and fuzzy but he's competent, relaxed and makes his patients feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

He was ok in the office (he wasn't my primary) but was awful in the delivery room. Awful. Broke my waters and then disappeared for 6 hours even though I was 8cm. I found out later he was probably napping. He berated me for pushing incorrectly, compared me to the patient in the next room saying she was better than me, missed the fact that I had an infection and then let me push for 2.5 hours without any suction or help. He threatened a c-section which luckily I didn't get. My baby ended up in NICU. Horrible horrible experience that I feel directly contributed to my post partum depression. If you want to be respected (not babied) during your delivery, do not use this doctor. I switched practices on my second just so I wouldn't rish having him again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr Markoff is a wonderful doctor. My friend recommended him when i was pregnant. He was very attentive and I can't believe anyone would have anything negative to say about him.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Markoff is a good and caring doctor, he is not a therapist he is an OBGYN, if you keep your expectations in check you will not be dissatisfied. I have been his patient for almost 5 years now and I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

He appeared caring and attentive to my needs and after the first visit, I felt he was a good dr. but he failed to tell me I was actually in process of miscarrying. He also didn't check my cervical length which would have already proven that I'm miscarrying. I did miscarry the next day.I called him to advise this, he didn't seem to think it was possible and scheduled another scan a week later which confirmed I was right. Dr. Markoff didn't call me to provide follow up, I had to call him 2 days later to ask if he was ever going to call me back! Maybe he's good with other patients but not for me.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

Dr. Gary R. Markoff's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)