Ratings for Dr. Darryl B. George

Thanks to Dr. George I now have the possibility of living a productive and active life. He was genuinely interested in helping and making sure I understood everything that was in all paperwork they have me fill out. He then goes thru the papers with you and happy answers all your questions. I have never had a doctor actually go page by page and answer all my questions and make sure I understand everything. Finally someone that is willing to help. In the past I have had doctors tell what I needed but not willing to do it.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

II have been a patient for over 5 years I have to drive 1 &1/2 hours to see this doctor. He has helped me with my chronic pain. He is very thorough in his diagnosis. He and his staff are very respectful, courteous and professional I would recomend him 100%

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. George is not only thorough and understanding, he is concerned about your well being. He has some strict guidelines to follow but nothing out of the ordinary. He spends over an hour with me my first visit which we went over my full history. Make sure you have all your paperwork done before you can see him. I am so grateful to have found Dr. George and his awesome staff. Jonell Root

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

In 2013 my “family physician” informed me that he could no longer prescribe cannabis as an aid to spinal injury pain and neuropathy, a friend recommended that I that I see Doctor Darryl George to continue the benefits of medical marijuana. I found a modest practice with a pleasant and positive “feel.” I was impressed by the thoroughness of the examination performed by Dr. George and noticed that much, if not all, of the available records had been gathered giving him perhaps a better overview of my health issues than my own physician. Especially impressive was the patient packet that included a wealth of information both legal and practical as well as all the materials necessary to apply to the for medical marijuana use and propagation. This also included a patient “safety pack” to present to law enforcement if necessary. The efforts made on behalf of the patient make the process easy and error proof. Last November (2017) I received a polite letter from my physician of eight years that I could no longer be seen as a patient. No explanation was ever given and I could only assume some personal mistake made. Later I understood that the fear of liability as a pain medication patient the primary if not sole motivation for my dismissal. Being a veteran, I reported to the Roseburg VA and my medication was abruptly changed to a formulary that seemed much less effective and led to sleep loss and the worsening of symptoms. Having been a previous patient of Dr. George I sought his help immediately. Returning to his practice after some years time, I was glad to see the same staff working. Both Terry and Heather have in fact worked at this practice for over a decade and would have no other job. Not enough can be said of their warmth and professionalism. Samantha is the newest addition to the staff giving additional nursing help to this growing practice. While waiting for my first examination my attention was drawn to the many pages of information taped to the walls of the reception area. From a variety of peer reviewed or reputable sources, Dr. George has made readily available a wealth of information concerning the “opioid crisis.” It was from this that I gained a much better understanding of the difficulties I had been going through. During the examination Dr. George made note of many things including worrisome anomalies in an EKG taken during an emergency room visit. Though a follow up EKG proved okay, I would not have been aware of the potential problem if not for the attentiveness to detail given by Dr. George. Carefully and methodically, Dr. George has increased the amount of medication prescribed to find that point where I have better control over pain and symptoms improving my quality of life. The office has remained simple over the years in that there are no fancy computer systems or other overhead. This allows the practice to live up to its moniker; Affordable Integrative Medicine. The amount asked of the patient is small when compared to the quality of care given. After years of experience with medical professionals I heartily recommend Dr. George and his staff, personally grateful that I will have a better, more productive life under his care. Sincerely, D. Wambolt

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Dr George has made it possible for me to work again and be a productive person in my life. He has a big heart to help people with chronic pain and get them relief and their lives back to normal. He runs a tight ship and is very thorough. Great atmosphere at the office also.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr George for 3 to 4 years now. I drive 1.1/2 hour to his office and back for my checkups. Before Dr George I had a terrible doctor.. Dr George is thorough, professional, respectable, and he really cares about his patients. He wants you to improve your life and because of his understanding of pain management and his program for better health I have been able to manage my pain successfully. In fact my medication is minimal now. Doctor and staff are the best...............

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

The only doctor who actually seems to care about his patience. Staff is always friendly. NF

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Great experience. I would recommend them for real healthcare services. He is not a card mill and does a serious exam.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

With increasing policies for medical and insurance approval, Dr. Darryl George offers the ability for patients to have holistic health management within a legitimate practice. For patients who may not have affordable health coverage, Dr. Darryl George offers an alternative to the high costs of other practioners without discrimination.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Doctor George is an excellent Doctor. He will answer any questions you have and never make you feel like a bother for asking. He is running a smaller office here so wait times vary depending on the day and time, but he is an amazing pain management doctor. He has rules that may seem strict, but they are all in the interest of ensuring the best care possible and also helping in pain management with things other than just medication. I really like that he has us set goals for ourselves such as exercising or diet goals and will actually talk to you about how you are doing with them. He is one of the most meticulous and intelligent Doctors I have had.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017