Ratings for Dr. Douglas H. Ruben

I have been and still am seeing him .he truly is a blessing and has helped me through everything im going through hardest lost of my daughter who past from cancer

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He is wonderful. He doesn't waste time in his appointments with chatter. Instead he gets right to working on solving the problems. My husband passed away and since then we have had difficulty in our home, especially with my "tween" aged daughter. At the second appointment we mapped out a game plan and I put it to use. It changed things by the end of that day first day of using his techniques. I am not against talk therapy for working through deep, subconscious issues. But my family was in crisis and I needed solutions that would work right away. Dr. Ruben gave me tools to heal our family and I am so grateful I went to him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I've been seeing Dr.Ruben 3yrs.I had to stop working due to having Rheumatoid & Osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia & sleep apnea. all of this made my life very hard & depression very bad, I had to retire from my Job as a District Mgr this made things worst.long story short I had seen four other therapist & they did not help much,one of them that I saw she talked about her problems, this did not help me. Dr. Ruben was recommended to me & I'm so very glad I went, Dr. Ruben helped me save my on life, he taught me how to live as the person that I am now, & that I can still be my independent self, but not to give into the illness keep fighting a good fight & keep doing the things I love such as singing & writing music,he taught me that my life is still my life & to keep holding onto my beliefs & how to stay in good mind,how to deal with challenging days & people. I thank God for my finding Dr. Ruben & I have recommended other people that feel the same as I do about him that he is a blessing to us

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Ruben does not facilitate direct and productive discussion. He focuses on the way to "communicate" which turns into a way for one of the two parties to stall when trying to reach a decision. If you are planning on a divorce and someone tells you to use his services you should think twice. He does not recommend using lawyers, which in the end is what is required to legally divorce someone. When Dr. Ruben is asked to document his opinions he will not do this as well. I feel very frustrated with this doctor and will not be using him again in the future.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Douglas Ruben had no staff. His office and waiting area was very unclean and smelled as if he never took the time or money to spend on a "professional cleaning service." He spent more time "telling me" about who I am based on the behavior or my parents, and solely focused on trying to convince me he is adamently correct on behavior predictions, behavior solutions, all the while he weaves himself into the framework of a very poor therapist, author of books that no one buys, and innately hates with a powerful vengeance anyone who does not regard his knowledge spoken or written with a conviction that he is correct on all matters. His deception within the school community is alarming, over 500 families have left Meridian Twp. Okemos schools. Dr. Ruben believes it should all be blamed on Alien Abductions like one of his book title states.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Extremely knowledgeable behavioral psychologist. He's been around the block, seen it all, usualy has good advice when it comes to inter-personal relationships, predicting behavior, child/custody issues. I folowed 90% of his advice with good results going thru a divorce, custody battle with my kids and the ensuing craziness that comes with a divorce. Very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

He did not take my bcbs insurance... Two hour visit said he knew my child diagnose. My child lied about doing drugs and drinking he believed her. My report came back saying she just needs treatment for drugs and drinking but I took her there because she cuts herself. Not even a week later I am calling the ambulance for her attempted suicide. He did not diagnose her right just kept asking me if I had the money three times. I am very mad he let down me and my child!!! He did not listen to me when I told him she makes things up. She did not even have drugs for her attempt if she was a druggie then she would have used them and not whaat she used... She said it was shoe packets three of them. My child has ups and downs like she is bipolar or depressed nothing was said about that. I hope the place she is at diagnoses her right they thought his was a joke!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

I loved Dr. Rueben. My father is a patient of his and I have had several visits with him. Dr. Rueben is understanding, knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. I recommend that anyone who is experiencing difficulties go see him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011