Ratings for Dr. Kenneth M. Lomas

No good.,,.........................................

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

the doctor does not have any feeling of responsibility towards his patients. he is in charge of scheduling appointments and billing which make it even worse. i don't​ recommend anyone to see him, it will be a waist of time

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I've been working with Dr. Lomas for years now. My work with Ken (he's comfortable being on a first name basis, if you like) has been hugely positive and helpful. He respects my need for confidentiality. He's provided supportive and guidance through severe crises. I'm so satisfied with Ken, that I followed his practice from Northern MD to DC. Further, I've taken two of my three sons to him for Family Conflict Management, when it was required. Looking at some of the other ratings, I'll say this: Ken does take a while to get rolling. And he doesn't often do referrals to psychiatrists; so his choice of referrals there are a bit limited. Ken does expect you to tell him what's wrong and talk to him about it. Don't expect him to read your mind; if you want that, go see a psychic. But if you need a funny, genuinely caring and gifted psychologist, Ken's a great choice.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I did not find Dr. Lomas helpful at all. I expect the visits to be an interactive discussion between myself and the doctor. Dr. Lomas' comments insinuated that he just wasn't understanding the issues, and he also failed to ask me probing questions to help me sort my feelings. It was awkwardly silent at times, and I felt pressured to keep the conversation going because I could tell he had nothing to say. I also felt that he made jokes quite often, which just didn't feel appropriate given the my (the patient's) mood and the relationship between the two of us (professional/doctor - patient).

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

I tried many different therapists until I found Dr. Lomas. I found him to be very sensitive, but also realistic. I did not feel like a patient as compared to therapists I've seen in the past. His personal nature makes it easier to relax and come to terms with issues that are hidden from friends and family. I recommend him with the highest regard in terms of professionalism. Some of the best sessions ended in laughter rather than tears, which is the most basic medicine we often forget to take.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I found Dr. Lomas to be wonderful. I had several family issues to understand and work through. He also evaluated my daughter (she is also a patient) and spoke with my mother, they both felt he was very helpful. It is a work in progress anytime you deal with other people. A troubled daughter, sick husband, both with mental health issues. He was very compassionate, great humor, great wisdom and continues to help my situation. My only issue is that he has moved out of the Harford County area but I have gone to D.C. and the Baltimore area to continue my therapy. Ken is a very real person and great skill.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

I find Dr. Lomas extremely relatable, kind, friendly and professional. He has a good sense of humor. I like his style and have learned much in a very short period of time. I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I was calling around for a therapist because I'm going through a divorce among other things. And after playing phone tag for 3 days with Dr. Lomas he finally got a hold of me. He was extremely rushed...when I tried to ask him questions about his experience with my type of issues he told me he was very pressed for time. He seemed to just want to book the appointment and move on with his day. I found it very rude and hurtful...literally made me feel sick to my stomach.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010