Ratings for Dr. Arlene B. Schaefer

Not only she was unprofessional, this woman takes tens of thousands and she doesn't do the job. My child who she claimed to be healthy and living well in the house where he is, at the same time she was doing evaluation he tried to commit suicide, ran away from that "happy" home, plotted to kill his stepmother, started doing drugs, failed every class and drank alcohol. Because of this woman poor child who wanted to see his mom with all his heart and had the only chance of getting normal love and parenting for at least remaining childhood, after her recommendation was not even allowed to talk to his mom. His father who had a warrant for his arrest was a picture of parenting perfection according to her. She did a lot more damage that she ever could for over twenty thousand dollars she charged for evaluation. Not only she shouldn't be practicing, she should be in jail because what she did is a crime. The list of what I can say about her goes on and on, I know this is a very short review, but because she is immune by the court no one can sue, awful experience and two very broken and ruined lives because of her.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Schaefer was very knowledgeable, understanding, and took the time to listen thoroughly. I did not expect her to have the "answers". Her questions led me to the answers from my own experience and heart. I have seen several psychologists and she, by far, was the most helpful, kind, very skilled in her profession. I have forever changed with her gentle hand letting me find my way thru the maze that is and was my life. I am very thankful. Always punctual, never rude.

Submitted February 16, 2015

The woman is not just cold, but is EXTREMELY rude - to the point that I thought there had to be a hidden camera somewhere. I was told, "you need to slow down! How could I be expected to take notes with you rambling like that!" & five minutes later told, "Could we just get through it please, I don't have all day." I am not even exagerating. This, from somebody I am PAYING thousands to. I have never in my life met somebody so not suitable for working with people, or even being in their presence for that matter. Imagine comments like the example above are being hurled at you non-stop, throughout the entirety of each and ever session with her. It was a nightmare.

Submitted May 15, 2013

She's surly and unprofessional. Her appearance is alarming. She has no bed side manner and is often insulting. Her behavior makes the process uncomfortable to down right traumatizing.

Submitted September 1, 2012