Ratings for Dr. Leah C. Tonkin

Dr. Tonkin is a wonderful doctor, but her staff is lacking.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

When I became pregnant, Tonkin was the second Doctor that I saw in this terrible practice. I did not like the first doctor ( Mary L Keegan) and told this to Tonkin. She pretty much forced me to set a date for having a c section and I was completely against doing that. I ended up going in for the c section that I didn't want to have to have Dr. Tonkin come into the room 30 mins before I was to go back and have my baby that "she needed to leave and go pick her kids up from soccer practice"!!!!!!! And of course the doctor which I hated, Keegan, was going to deliver my child. Worst experience ever and I'm still suffering problems from my c section 8 months later. Awful person and awful practice.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Tonkin is great, but her staff makes mistakes all the time or just doesn't do the job. She is great at surgeries and anything obstetrics related. Very sweet lady and always listens to my concerns. Her nurses make me afraid to call about any issue, which I usually stress over even more because they don't always call me back promptly. You wait at least a week to get a letter in the mail about any normal OR abnormal results from any test. The staff at Germantown Methodist seems to be worse than the one at Baptist (at least at Baptist they're friendly). There are a few nice nurses, and the other doctors in the group are great. If you can get past the staff issue and occasional long wait time, Dr. Tonkin herself is great.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Leah C. Tonkin's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Oxford