Ratings for Dr. Qi Zhang

This 'doctor' has been completely neglectful and non compassionate in my delicate situation leading to me almost losing my daughter. I had been having major bleeding along with blood clots the size of silver dollars since about 13 weeks of pregnancy. During this time I had called and got in on probably half a dozen emergency appointments because of this bleeding, driving back and forth from the Glendale to Estrella Office. Every time she would do a traditional ultrasound give me maybe 15 minutes of her time and send me on my way. Never ever was there a sense of major concern on her behalf. Her response would be something to the effect, this isn't normal, but I have seen women bleed throughout their pregnancy, just take it easy, if you can work part time, still work out if you can tolerate it and would stress more concern over a 5 lb weight gain in 2 weeks rather than the fact I was having beyond significant bleeding and blot clots on average 2-3 times per week for 4+weeks! I had my anatomy screening early last week at 18 weeks. If it weren't for my baby being so stubborn with the ultrasound not allowing a good view of the heart, the ultrasound tech would have never gone transvaginal. The moment she went up the look on her face said it all. She had me see a dr. that was available in the practice immediately who than informed me I had practically no cervix! I was then immediately referred and my case handed over to a high risk specialist who performs cervical cerclage's that very next day I was in surgery. My cervix was 100% thinned out it was a miracle I was not dialated and had not had a miscarriage at that point. The medical bills from her negligence and my diligence in my making appts trying to determine what is wrong are miniscule compared to the emotional and physical trauma this has been. My surgery was a week ago, do you think she has even called me to check on how myself or the baby are doing? The only good that came out of this is I was placed in the care of a phenomenal specialist, Dr. Blumrick who has been a complete blessing and hopefully we can safely say has saved my daughters life. However, at no point did "dr" Zhang even attempt to try to find out what was truly going on. No further testing, no referral to a specialist, NOTHING!!! Complete negligence and other medical professionals have agreed.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Not personable and does not come across as being competent. Left 2 appointments in tears, because she is not understanding or compassionate. Save yourself the time and money, and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Awful doctor. I am sure she is smart, as in 'book smart', but as far as being a personable, kind, trusted doctor, ha! She comes into the room, late, and then rattles off a bunch of book terminology at a million miles per hour. You can't understand her because she talks too fast and in too much medical lingo. She would never remember my name, not know my due date until I reminded her, and just seemed scattered brained. There are too many great doctors out there, don't put up with this one!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

This doctor ordered some bloodwork, gave me a paper with the code for the order, and told me to schedule an appointment at a lab. I scheduled at Lab Corp, and was told when I arrived for my appointment that they don't do the tests that were ordered. I then rescheduled at Sonora Quest labs, and when I arrived for my appointment there over my lunch hour, I was informed that the tests that were ordered included a 2 hour glucose test. The doctor never told me which labs offer the tests she ordered, nor did she mention that it would take 2 hours! So now, after 3 appointments, I am still no further ahead in getting a diagnosis than I was before my visit with this doctor. Save yourself time and choose a doctor whose office provides labs in-house, and who takes the time to explain what is being ordered and why.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her---I am so glad to have found her and I cannot see myself ever treating with a different OBGYN.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Excellent! Swtiched to her from someone I was not happy with. Understanding, gentle, personable.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Qi Zhang's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal