Ratings for Dr. Neil H. Weintraub

I used Dr. Weintraub for my adult braces (10 years ago) and am now considering using him for my children. I have a permanent retainer on the bottom and have had no issues with it. I have a removable retainer on the top that is 9 years old. It broke once and I got an appointment the next day and they were able to solder it back together. Dr. Weintraub is very genuine and sensible (and I am a VERY picky person). His staff is friendly but not over friendly (like some other places I've been to). I'm not looking for fancy bells & whistle... I'm looking for someone who can straight my kids teeth effectively. I think it's great that he still manually bends the wires, rather than let a computer do it for him. Someone who knows the basics and does them well is a great orthodontist!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Nice guy, but offers cheap products for outrageous prices. Gave one family member an already broken retainer that was made incorrectly. Tried blaming it on my family member when it was broken to begin with. Gave me a bad permanent retainer. Didn't tell me that permanent retainers only last 3-5 years on average before wearing out, breaking, or falling out. My permanent one finally fell out. My teeth didn't shift thankfully. Some staff are very rude.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

I don't understand the terrible rating! Dr. Weintraub is amazing. I've been his patient for 4 years. I now have a retainer, and my teeth are perfect! Dr. Weintraubi is knowledgable, friendly, and approachable.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Nice guy, but went into the wrong profession. The retainers his practice uses are cheap and break easily. It's difficult to get an appointment if a bracket becomes loose or you have another issue. Promises to take off braces and permanent retainers on a certain visit and then either doesn't take them off or takes them off 6 months or more after the date he promised. Definitely get a second opinion before going to this practice!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011