Ratings for Dr. Shwol-Huo D. Kiang

I went to Dr. Kiang at the recommendation of a nurse who saw a patch of skin on my back. Dr. Kiang did a scraping and immediately diagnosed Psoriasis. I have never had a history of psoriasis, but he insisted that was the only thing it could be. I went and got a second opinion a few months later, and the new dermatologist threw out the diagnosis. I am much better now, thanks to the new dermatologist. I rated Dr. Kiang's helpfulness a 1 because after the diagnosis, he just handed me a psoriasis pamphlet and sent me on my way. Knowledge is also rated at a 1. While I am not a dermatologist, psoriasis is a serious illness to diagnose someone with, and arriving at that conclusion in less than five minutes and handing me a pamphlet doesn't give me any confidence in his ability. On top of that, having another dermatologist correctly diagnose and treat the issue (it was eczema all along), while actually taking time to explain the issue, showed me the huge gap in skill he had compared to others.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. Shwol-Huo D. Kiang's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 2003)

HealthPartners