Dr. William Kavouris

5 1 4.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. William Kavouris

Dr. William Kavouris's Ratings

Dr Kavouris is rated a 5 star . He is the most compassionate Dr I have ever met and am so lucky and grateful to have found him .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2903601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Terrific! knowledable and caring doctor!! Excellent bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

Polite office staff
Reasonable waiting time
Knowledge Doctor with caring attitude and friendly personality
Will highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Kavouris is amazing ! Yes , sometimes he is hard to find and you have to follow his schedule , but he is very good and worth to go to . I trust him very much. Highly recommended .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

He was extremely unprofessional. Instead of instilling confidence in a patient he instilled fear. He took a look at a condition I had and automatically told me this can be cancer. Then went on to tell me about previous patients he had with similar symptoms and they all lead to cancer. Why would he do this? This caused so much anxiety in me. And guess what? All my tests came back normal and I didn't have anything related to cancer. He should have better sense as a doctor. I can understand suggesting that tests are required to rule out anything else more serious. But no need to say it can be cancer and bring up other patients. I will never go back to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I have visited Dr Kavouris on two separate occasions at his walk in clinic. Both times I was relived with his helpfulness and willingness to listen and offer me the best possible help. First time was for a rather painful UTI. After hearing my expansion he knew right away what was the issue and even mentioned symptoms I was having but did not think relevant. Right away he prescribed two types of antibiotics, one to try first and if the symptoms did not go away, to use the second one. I found this amazingly helpful as I did not have to worry about a second visit. He also gave me a potent painkiller so I could go about my day to day business without dealing with pain. On my second visit I had painful back pains for over 4 days without it dissipating itself. He right away prescribed me anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxants and two pain meds to help me. He also did something unique and wrote me a prescription recommending a physio therapist if the medicine he offered did not help. This is a Dr. I can tell truly cares about each patient, and takes the time to make sure each receives the proper medical help they deserve. I would recommend visiting him for any medical problems you have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr. Kavouris was able to reach a diagnosis of auto-immune thyroid disease and rheumatoid arthritis after a very thorough history and physical examination, extensive testing and follow-up. I had been assessed by my family doctor and numerous specialists and brushed off as "depressed" and "fibromyalgia". He saved my life (and my sanity) with his excellent clinical skills, knowledge, and outstanding bedside manner. He is the only physician who is available 7 days a week to the community where I live. His high ratings are even more impressive considering he is only a walk-in/urgent care clinic. He will gain your confidence with only one visit. I cannot imagine what my life would have been like had I not met this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2626325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

We have seen Dr Kavouris on a number of occasions. Most of the time he has been great. There have been a couple of times that he's gotten his diagnosis wrong, which required multiple visits (which he complained about "I'm not a replacement for your family doctor") or he just made assumptions without listening to the patient.
For example, what really frustrated me was when I went in for myself. I was very ill and I barely had the energy to see him (he's only a few minutes away) let alone make the trip downtown to see my family doctor.
After telling him the list of symptoms that I had, I ended with telling him that I had severe diarrhea. His comment was "since you didn't mention it initially then it's not that important". He didn't know what was wrong with me and prescribed a broad spectrum antibiotic.
I could barely think straight let alone carry on a conversation. I would think that anything a patient says should be considered. Considering that all information is helpful in forming a diagnosis everything should be considered. His attitude, during my appointment, left me feeling frustrated and I didn't trust his diagnosis.
Going forward, I have never gone back and have decided to rely on seeing our family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Amazing doctor. Feel confident to go to him with any concern.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2561109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I work close to the walk in clinic where Dr. Kavouris works. One day I had an accident and my head was full of blood. My colleague brought me to this clinic and in this way I met him. He took care of me gently but firmly like no other doctor would do better. Several days after, I had other health problems and went to the hospital for emergencies. Every time I went to the hospital a doctor wanted to know who did such a GREAT work to my head. Other doctors without knowing him in person had only words of admiration for his work. The same here, I only have words of admiration for him as a doctor and person too. He is passionate for his work, he dedicates hours and hours to help other people (he comes to do an operation, before the program, or he stays late afternoon, or finds suitable to work when most of people rest). He is very knowledgeable, compassionate and treats every single person with respect. I ve seen with my own eyes, what my ears heard (some of his patients are my customers too), men, women, children, old or young people coming to see him, and all of them (all in total, and each individual in particular), without any exception, left the walk in clinic with hope in their heart, with smile at the corner of their mouth, and a promise in their mind, to come back. Like me, most of his patients they develop a habit, to come at his clinic for any health problem, more then to the family doctor. Because he doesn’t treat people like tourists he treats the cause and not only the effect, and he is not tired to do a follow up with different kind of tests. He is the best doctor, and a wonderful person that deserve our respect. I highly trust his opinions and strongly recommend to any other person. He is the first doctor I trust and want to see if I or my family need medical assistance.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2488577].votes_count ]]