Ratings for Dr. Bruno Digravio

I love Dr DiGravio. My son has Downs and treats him with respect and like he was his own. I will not take my son to any other pediatrician on call at Grand River unless he is on call. I recommend him and hes the best. He doesn't frost things, he tells you the truth and gets things done ASAP.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

He has been the best medical support for our foster daughter. She has lived with us for 16 years and he was her doctor before she came to live with us and has continued that care past her 18th birthday. She has FASD, was born at 28 weeks gestation and suffered a brain bleed at birth. She presents as very autistic but her exposure to alcohol while in utero exacerbates her symptoms and behaviours. She is very complicated and has challenging medication needs. Over the years Dr. Digravio has worked with us closely to help our daughter have the best life possible. Sometimes that has necessitated med changes, med increases and med decreases. Every decision is made with a careful consideration of all of the factors and he does not take changes lightly. As for punctuality my experience is that we have never had to wait long at all, unlike my experience of multiple hour waits that I have happened with the doctors of our other foster children. He has always treated our foster daughter with kindness and compassion. I have read through the reviews and the few negative reviews do not reflect the relationship we have with Dr. Digravio or the care he provides for our foster daughter...he is terrific!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

He's been our pediatrician for 11 years now. I think he is amazing. He is so personable. He goes above and beyond to help my family as well. He will call your child's school to help advocate for you. His receptionist is the sweetest lady ever! She will talk to you while you are waiting for the doctor because sometimes it can take a bit. he never rushes you out the door though. That's why it's so hard to get into him!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr. DiGravio has been seeing my son for nearly 18 years and I have nothing but good things to say about this doctor and his receptionist. He isn't punctual but then when he sees you he doesn't run you out the door as other doctors do. I would prefer waiting a little longer if it means that he is taking his time to be thorough. Thank goodness we have doctors like him in the community. He went out of his way to find me a family doctor years ago who I still have to to this day. Don't know what we would have done without him... His receptionist has been with him a long time and she's also wonderful. She knows first hand what raising a child with challenges can be like. While she may come off as being unfriendly, if you take the time to be friendly to her you'll see that she is very kind...Don't judge a book by its cover.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

The receptionist has always been very kind. DrDigravio has no bedside manners, he talked down to me since the day my son was born. My son was diagnosed with Downsyndrome and I had him at the age of 18. DrDigravio called the hospital up to NICU and asked to have me put on the phone, he then proceeded to tell me over the phone when I was alone in a room full of strangers out in public that my son has downsyndrome. He also told me during my stay at the hospital that a family was interested in adopting my son and they had already viewed him. My son was never once up for adoption nor was this a thought of mine. He told me due to my age I was unfit to raise my son. I am still raising my son to this day and I have done nothing but fight for my son to have the best, including his spot within the school system. DrDigravio was 3 hours late for one of my appointments in the beginning, I asked to leave at that point as I needed to feed my son (He was an infant at the time) and he gave me flak for that too! I now take my son to my family doctor, and I do not recommend DrDigravio to anyone unless you are a above class, high income family with 'regular' children.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Digravio is a wonderful Doctor. We really like him, he talks to you personally on the phone or calls you to give you results to ask questions HIMSELF, and doesn't give second hand information through his secretary. He's always been pretty nice and listens well, he truly does take the time to listen and ask questions about our boy. That may be the reason he's not on time often, but that's a great reason, if he will take extra time making sure everything is okay and being detailed then I'll wait as long as I need. He gets what needs to be done, done for the most part, and he seems pretty companionate.Nee are really glad we have him as a doctor :)

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

My grandson needed a prescription for his meds. My daughter (who just had major surgery) requested it for 3 days in a row to the person answering the phone. The pharmacy requested it twice and a phone call and she kept giving excuses. It takes 30 seconds to get a signature. This person should not be representing this doctor. He has been out of the medication now for 3 days because of her.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

This man was nearly in tears when he told us our 9 month old daughter's hip dysplatia could have been resolved in early infancy with simple double-diapering, if only our trusted family physician had removed her onesies to check carefully. He sent us for X-rays in same building and told us he would wait late to discuss results. He had us booked in for surgery at McMaster with an orthopaedic paediatric surgeon within 2 weeks. Amazing man. Compassion and empathy for child and parent. Wow.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

A wonderful doctor , very thorough knowledgable. Saved my daughter and was very concerned over her period of hospital stay to learn and want to figure it out. And at time he was not her pediatrician took time to talk to me on phone about my concerns and worries over what was going on. Great doctor need many more like him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Maybe good for kids who have families but drug pusher and miserable to kids in group homes and foster care almost like he could be dual personality. Had one student in group home who was so over medicated on Dexedrine the student was a meth addict and exhibited all behaviours and DESTROYED brain which comes from meth abuse.Same student was kicked in leg by Digravio. Also very SUSPICIOUS doctor. I attended several appointments with students and Digravio SAID "you are not telling the truth."

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014