Ratings for Dr. I-Ling S. Chen

wisdom teeth and cyst extraction. Painless and very smooth recovery.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I had a procedure undertaken by Dr. Chen and she did an excellent job!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I have had many surgeries performed by her - excellent and very caring!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I saw Dr. Chen for a ulcer on my tongue, I was very scared because I am a smoker so the first thing I thought of was cancer. At my very first consultation appointment she reassured me that the spot didnt look cancerous but would take a sample to be sure. Thank goodness she was right! I'm sorry that the other patient didn't like her..she isn't the one who said he had herpes, it was the pathologist that makes that decision. No doctor can tell you exactly what something is until the pathologist looks at it. Too bad. Dr. Chen is very thorough, very knowledgable, competent oral surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I have a history of mucocele in my lower lip, having had 4 or 5 removal surgeries starting since I was two. Recently in college, I developed a rare ventral mucocele. I was referred to Dr. Funari's office, but it was I-Ling Chen who saw me. She did a diagnostic, and long story short, insisted that it was herpes. Both of my parents went through medical school and when questioning Dr. Chen, she shut down their protests. I have no history of STDs and there is no possibility that me or my partner could have contracted herpes at any point. Eventually she clipped the mucocele bubble off of my tongue, but the correct procedure calls for removing the surrounding glands as well to prevent recurrence. She did not, and the bubble formed again. In the meantime, she went as far as to influence the pathologist into suggesting herpes, and when the pathology report came in her office failed to notify me. Later, she gave me a hell of a time trying to get a hard copy of the report. She's horrible!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011