Ratings for Dr. Mohamed S. Ahmed

I do not understand the ratings on this site for Dr. Ahmed, he is a compassionate man and very understanding and listens. As for having to see an assistant and not Dr. ahmed that is standard procedure in the psychiatry field a psychiatrist cannot see every single patient like a primary care physician. The comments about his staff being rude or incompetent I just do not understand they all have always been very kind and accommodating. The charging to reschedule is a very common practice in the medical industry and is becoming the industry standard so people need to get used to it. Then there is a comment about him taking a child off their meds at the behest of the parent well he is obligated by law to comply with a parental request even to the detriment of the child and then report it which I am sure he did. I have seen someone in this office almost every month for almost 2 years and I just cannot fathom the statements made here, all his staff from Himself to the PA's to the office staff have all been amazing, I have seen Dr. Ahmed personally a couple of times and every time he has been great, and if you prefer to see him all you have to do is request that you see only him of course you will have to come in early because he runs a second clinic in Clear Lake so you would have to see him between 7AM and 11AM but you can still get in to see the man himself, that is what I have had to do the few times I have been to see him. and I have seen both Ann and Mike and both of them are great PA's.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

IF I COULD HAVE LEFT "NO STARS" I WOULD HAVE. I WENT TRYING TO GET SOME HELP. I AM A 33 YEAR OLD FEMALE THAT HAS A BLOOD CLOT IN MY RIGHT LEG AND HAVE NO FEMALE STUFF LEFT. MY PCP SENT ME TO DR AHMED BECAUSE HE COULD NOT GET MY MEDS RIGHT. I CALLED LAST WEEK SETUP AN APPOINTMENT THEN WHEN I GOT THERE THEY TOLD ME I WAS A HOUR LATE. FOR 1 I NEVER MAKE AN APPOINTMENT EARLY IN THE MORNING DUE TO MY KIDS. I GOT UP THERE AT THE TIME I WAS TOLD, THEN WAS TOLD I WAS A HOUR LATE AND THAT I HAD TO PAY $75 TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE. SO MY HUSBAND PAID THE MONEY AND THEY SET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY. WHEN I GOT THERE YESTERDAY AND WAS TRYING TO ASK QUESTIONS I WAS TOLD TO SIGN IN, SO I DID. THEN TRIED TO ASK AGAIN AND SHE TOLD ME IN A VERY LOUD VOICE TO SIGN IN.. SO WHEN I GET THERE TODAY AND THE OFFICE MANAGER HANDS ME THE PAPER MY HUSBAND ASKED HER WHY WE WERE JUST GETTING IT.. NEVER GO HERE!! THERE IS A WHOLE WHOLE LOT MORE TO THIS STORY JUST DONT WANT TO WASTE MY DAY WITH THIS. OH CALLED HR TO TELL THEM WHAT HAPPEN HER NAME IS CARMILLA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME... PEOPLE COME TO YOU FOR HELP AND THIS IS HOW THEY GET TREATED I HOPE YOU GET YOUR LIC STRIPPED.. IS WHAT I SAW WAS THAT HE IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.. OH MY INSURANCE PAID FOR EVERYTHING 100% SO THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY ON MY PART • • •

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I was referred to this Dr. by my children's pediatrician. I took him 3 times. Once he seen Dr. Ahmed and the next 2 times he had to see someone else but I wasn't told that till the day we came in for those appointments.My childs teacher had been faxing Dr. Ahmed the information he requested twice a week every week for 2 months but yet they refused to give me any kind of diagnosis. They wanted me to keep coming in paying $175 every time and not tell me anything to help my son get the help he needed to move on and do better. This dr is a joke. They want to string you along and get as much money as they can out of you. If you truly are suffering and need help, dr Ahmed will be a complete waste of time! On top of all that the women who work in the office are lazy and rude!They should be ashamed of the way they treat the people that come into the office. Its sad. I am glad I realized what kind of dr he is. Horrible dr. Horrible staff! needless to say My pediatrician no longer refers him!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

Poor service, unhelpful and takes advantage of people that do not have the ability to fully comprehend what is being asked of them. Do not let your loved ones go here alone. Also the money spent was wasted, the treatment did not work. I strongly recommend that you check out another doctor and other options. Best of luck to you.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I went to see Dr mohammed s. Ahmed he was very rude and did not have any empathy, for what I was going through. he seemed to be very judgemental, and heartless the staff was not very friendly. I will not be using him in the future.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I disagreed with this Doctor and because of that he has turned his back on my son and refuse to help him any longer even after years of being his patient. His staff is rude, especially the office manager and he makes decisions from PA's and over the last 5 yrs and 20+ visits we may have seen him twice. Very poor and makes rash decisions.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

My grandson's dad was told by Ahmed's staff of his son's next appointment.He showed up and, although he had not SEEN his child for more than six months, ordered the doctor to take the boy off his meds.Ahmed is fully aware of the extreme abuse suffered by both my daughter-in-law and the child, but he complied.The result was a complete psychiatric "melt-down" by the child.He is now committed to a psychiatric facility.The ONLY reason for this situation is that Ahmed did not have the courage to stand up for the rights of an innocent child, even after having been informed that this is what the father has done repeatedly:first he provides the catalyst for a breakdown by beating the child or having sex in front of him, then he interferes with the mother's efforts to have the child treated for his mental illness.Ahmed also left my daughter-in-law alone with her ex-husband.She if terrified of the man and Ahmed knows it.His lack of empathy is appalling.He lacks the courage to protect your child.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

The office staff is very disorganized. They charge to reschedule appointments. They have not been very helpful. They are just out for the money.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Went for an appt. for my son and after waiting over an hour past our appt. time I finally asked the front desk lady what was going on and she told me that they had to put some patients ahead of us because the only Spanish speaking member of their staff was going to be leaving. At no point during the hour that I was waiting did anybody explain to me why I was having an hour wait and after finding out their explanation I requested to cancel my appt. and refund my co-pay that was taken when I arrived. They refused to refund my co-pay. So after waiting a few more minutes we were taken back and we weren't even seeing the doctor. An Asst. was placed in charge of meeting with us and when I explained to her what had happened she made no apology and acted as if she could care less. DO NOT go here and subject yourself or your children to this type of unprofessional, rude mannered and uncaring office.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012