Ratings for Dr. Gary Grix

Sadly, my mother is no longer with us to rate this doctor. His arrogance and lack of knowledge played a role in her passing. I find him impatient and careless with geriatric patients. Run, don't walk, from this character and if you find yourself in his ICU unit, please request a transfer.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Been my doctor for 8-9yrs.Does not listen to what you are saying always in hurry cannot answer your questions,does not like to find root of illness just fix with more medication.Would like to change but not many drs. take medicate anymore. In fairness to him my problems are cornic and hard to treat because of allergies.DR.Grix likes to see progress in patients and in my case it just isn't going to happen, as he says"I'm at my wits end with you, just can't help you anymore.He is always busy so maybe doing someone good.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I'm 65 years old and have seen my share of doctors but have never met any doctor as mean, hateful and deliberately sadistic as Grix. I don't know what his problems are, but they're no excuse for his being the complete moral failure he is as a doctor and a human being. Find another doctor quick-any doctor-and don't look back!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Very poor doctor. Haughty and aloof. Unfriendly. Will not talk to patients over phone-has office girls talk to patients. Very poor physician.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

Blunt at times but always honest. knowledgeable. Not always on time but spends as much time with you as you need

flag | Submitted July 13, 2008

I did not feel this doctor listened to me, or care what I said. The last straw was when I asked him to contact Express Scripts after they cut one of my prescriptions in half, and he said, "I won't do that, it takes too much time."

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

He is very quiet but treats you like he is your father. Tells you like it is. Very smarts docotr he alsois the best in ICU in the city. He created the ICU in Parkland ,worth the money

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

Dr. Gary Grix's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)