You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Joshua J. Canter

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

very caring dentist and the staff is excellent too, especially for adults and autistic children. I know, our child is autistic and Dr. Canter and his female assistant who speaks Hebrew, are amazing.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Great dentist, wonderful staff. I would recommend Dr. Canter to all

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Great all around experience!!!My teeth are doing very well. Thanks to them!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

My experience with Dr. Canter continues to be first rate. From the minute you walk in, you are treated kindly and warmly. Everyone wants to make your experience as pleasant as possible. I highly recommend Dr. Canter and his team.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Canter is an excellent dentist. Before going to him I used to get frequent cavities. Since going to him, I rarely have cavities. He is an expert at helping his patients overcome dentist anxiety. Now I don’t mind going, so I don’t procrastinate my dental visits. Whenever I go there are always parents and children all there for their dental checkup. Besides helping his patients overcome dentist anxiety, he motivates them to take care of their teeth. He even made a behavior chart for me to make sure I brush my teeth 2x a day. Dr. Canter makes going to the dentist as pleasant as possible. I have been going for several years. Last year I moved to Connecticut and the dentist there recommended 4 fillings! I went to Brooklyn and Dr. Canter said that one of those fillings is a shadow on the x-ray and not a cavity at all, and another does not need to be filled now. I continue to make the trip to Brooklyn for my dental visits. Highly recommended! A++

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr Canter is by far the most amazing dentist I have ever been to. Normally I dread going to the dentist but Dr canter just simply knows what he is doing. The staff there are super friendly and I would definitely recommend him .

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr J Canter has been my dentist for over 10 years and I regret not knowing him earlier. He is an exceptional dentist. He always spends a nice amount of time with each patient, taking the time to listen and answer all questions and explain dental conditions when necessary. Dr J Canter takes a more conservative approach in that he tries to help you with prevention of cavities (he gave me prescription toothpaste and a dental guard that is still holding up nicely after a few years!). Unlike other dentist who are so quick to drill and do crowns or root canals unnecessarily- he is trust worthy in telling you when work it is needed and when it is not. He is very knowledgeable, passionate about what he does and extremely dedicated to his patients going above and beyond to make himself available in case of emergencies. Over the years I have become friendly with his office staff (who hasn't?) and they all make me feel right at home. His office staff Rachel, Leah etc..are always making everyone laugh and smile even the children love coming to the dentist! Dr Canter and his office staff have always provided me with exceptional care and therefore I continue to see him (although I now live 1.5 hour commute away). Over the years I have referred Dr J Canter to 10+ people and all of them have come back to me with raving reviews. I would strongly recommend Dr Canter to all my family, friends and anyone else who may want to visit the best dentist in NYC!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Joshua J. Canter's Credentials

Delta Dental
GHI
HIP
HealthFirst
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. canter and his staff are so helpful and knowledgeable. we travel from New Jersey special for him! highly recommend. "

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "very caring dentist and the staff is excellent too, especially for adults and autistic children. I know, our child is autistic and Dr. Canter and his female ass..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great dentist, wonderful staff. I would recommend Dr. Canter to all"

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great all around experience!!!My teeth are doing very well. Thanks to them!!!"

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Canter continues to be first rate. From the minute you walk in, you are treated kindly and warmly. Everyone wants to make your experienc..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am lucky to have Dr cantor on my block. He is great with children as well as adults and knows his work very well!"

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Canter is an excellent dentist. Before going to him I used to get frequent cavities. Since going to him, I rarely have cavities. He is an expert at help..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Canter is by far the most amazing dentist I have ever been to. Normally I dread going to the dentist but Dr canter just simply knows what he is doing. T..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Canter is an excellent dr and very helpful when issues happen. He takes the time and really wants to help patients"

August 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr J Canter has been my dentist for over 10 years and I regret not knowing him earlier. He is an exceptional dentist. He always spends a nice amount of time wit..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great knowledgable doctor.He has a way of putting nervous people at ease and making them feel like family.Staff has an upbeat good chemistry.Avoid sundays as he..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Canter for a few years and I speak of him with only the highest accolades. Dr. Canter is a true professional. Firstly, Dr. Canter h..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came down from Texas with a swollen cheek and did not know what to do. I randomly googled dentists and ended up in Dr. Canter's office. A middle aged black wo..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My experience with Dr. Canter was one of the best with any medical professional I have had. Seriously. He was extremely compassionate and unde..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience and service i highly recommend, very friendly atmosphere"

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Canter is an excellent dentist and he has a personal touch that can't be beat. I have been going to Dr. Canter with my wife and children for 7 years. Unlike..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I would like to share with you my experiences with Dr Canter. This review, I hope, will help you decide if Dr Canter is the right Dentist for you. For many ye..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr J is the best....I have never had a better dentist experience....."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Canter is one that deserves to be noted. I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time, and when i suddenly developed an agonizing tootha..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you have a chipped tooth, go to Dr Joshua Canter. I had a really bad chipped tooth and he fixed it perfectly! I'm very happy with his work."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Cantor to be very pleasant and painless. His office staff are very nice and welcoming so I felt right at home from the start. This doctor truly care..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Canter is very personable and takes his time with his patients. His assistant is also very helpful, kind, and has a great sense of humor. They make a grea..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Canter is great and quick with his work. he will be sensitive to any issue you have. as well he constantly checked during the procedure if i'm comfortable. ..."

September 8, 2014

January 4, 2014
  • First Name changed from "JOSHUA" to "JOSHUA J."

October 20, 2013