Ratings for Dr. Jane E. Derk

Derk was very rude and unprofessional she told my ex to take off with my two small children to another town for a week . That it was ok for him to do that. Meanwhile she's calling me (a person she's never met) yelling at me with false accusations over the phone. Needless to say we went to court for an emergency hearing. she showed up and couldn't prove anything that she said I was doing. She was very disorganized and even at one point she pulled out paperwork and started reading it but then realized she had paper work for onther one of her clients. When she finally did find the paper work to our case in her big brief case, the judge was so upset with her at that point.The judge told her it was not her place to tell my ex to take off with our kids that was considered kidnapping. The judge did ask her why the mother was never included in any of the therapy sessions that took place in her office and her response was "we didn't feel safe with her around the kids" but then after the therapy sessions my ex weould drop the kids off at my house me not knowing that they were even in therapy. After about 10 minutes of nothing but complete circle talk, the judge asked her to leave the court room she was no help to the case.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr. Derk's CFI report was empty, incomplete and inaccurate. It was extremely difficult for this "woman" to let me finish a sentence when I would talk to her. Very rude when it came to trying to hold a conversation with her. She FAILED to see that my ex-wife was alienating my children from me and it's terribly disappointing. She didn't even come to my house to see that there was nothing wrong with it when it came to my kids spending time there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr Derk was assigned to be a cfi. She was very professional and carefully reviewed all of the issues that were presented. She was not biased and ultimately neither of us were happy with the results. She did provide fair reccomendations. Based on her fee she invested significantly more time in our case than expected to gather the information and reach a conclusions. Clearly she cares about doing a good job for the child's benefit.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

My advice is DO NOT get a CFI. If you get Dr. Jane Derk do not sign anything. Dr. Jane Derk was assigned to my custody evaluation. She failed to include any of the information that was provided to her in her report. Her evaluation was biased, she did not listen, and she failed to investigate what was provided to her. She had documentation given to her proving that the other party did a number of things that were not in the best interest of my children. She had concerns about these things yet it was not in the report. She wrote down what other people said and collected a check. That's about it. You'll be better going straight to a judge which is what I had to do after paying her to do nothing.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Derk was assigned to our case for child custody. She had information about the other party prior to being assigned to the case. She did not appear to be listening when my husband or I spoke and she was very unprofessional. She did not investigate the other party or contact any of the individuals she was supposed to contact regarding our side of the case. She claimed to attempt to contact those individuals but upon checking with them we confirmed non of them had herd from her. She also made several false accusations about my sleep disorder even when she was provided with the medical records that provide the statements false. She is not worth the time or money. and it will cost us thousands of dollars to disprove what she has stated.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

This Dr. filled an incomplete and untrue report to the court. It cost me thousands more in legal fees to prove she lied. Which I did with ease. She seemed very incompetent in almost every aspect of her job description.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

The only reason she is getting one star is because I cannot give her any less. Dr. Derk was ALWAYS late for meetings! When we tried to talk to her about our concerns she would blow us off by saying "I have heard enough". She is RUDE and would cut us off in mid sentence to speak. She would not work with our other therapist in our case and would scream at her on the phone and leave her nasty emails. If she is going to treat another professional with a Ph.D. the same way when they are suppost to work together for the same cause of an innocent child, then just think about how she will treat your child! Her "supervised visitations" was leaving a child along with their parent for ten minutes at a time to allow for picture time, which is not how "supervised" is suppose to work. . . don't trust her with your children or her opinion. Initals at the end of a name doesn't mean trustworthy or worthy of your time and money!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Child and Family Investigation (CFI) report was paid for in cash and was incomplete and non-factual. She never outreached, contacted or conversed with child's psychiatrist to inform the CFI report. Additionally, she offered to be psychologist for child which is prohibited by supreme court law.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013