Ratings for Dr. Vincent Desantis

Dr. DeSantis has always been understanding and caring to my needs as well as my son's recent issues. I have worked with him for several months and he tries his best to accommodate my ever changing schedule.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

Overall terrible doctor. Diagnosed me incorrectly. Made me gain 80 pounds in less than a year because of prescribing a terrible medication. And the weight has still not gone back to normal despite stopping the bad medication since over a year ago. Dr Desantis has completely ruined my physical health and well being.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

My daughter was drugged into a stupor by Dr DeSantis. He met every crisis with more medication. The medications prescribed altered her hormon levels and added 100 pounds to her 5’ 98 pound frame. He said she might get better when she was around 25 years old (she was 14 at the time). Having no experience with mental illness we stuck with him until he said she would never be able to go to college. Well - we moved away, got a new dr who was horrified at the medications she was on and changed everything. She lost 100 pounds is a second year college student and has an actual diagnosis now - something he never gave us. I will never forgive myself for throwing away 4 years of her life.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

This guy. Pill pusher extrodinare. I gained 100 lbs under his care. When I speak with other doctors about what he did, they actually say that they're sorry. His goal is to drug you into a stupor until youre 30. and then ditch you as a success. women beware.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

As a Wellesley College student who was referred to Dr. Desantis, I truly believe that he is the worst psychiatrist I have ever worked with. First, Dr. Desantis is impossible to get ahold of. During my hospital stay for depression, he did not speak to me for several days. When he finally got around to meeting with me, he didn't listen to my concerns about my depression at all. He decided on which medication to treat me with after having talked to me for only 5 minutes. I truly believe his actions borderline medical malpractice. I very strongly encourage others to seek mental healthcare elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

We feel very fortunate to have found Dr DeSantis. Having come from a very bad expereince with my son's former Dr, we are grateful to have a dr that actually listens to what we as parents have to say in regards to our son. He listened and we have seen a remarkable improvement with our son due to new medication

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

He was a given doctor for me at MetroWest Hospital. Even though I was not there for any psychiatric issue, he attempted to keep me at the hospital for 4+ days unnecessarily, including a trip to the psych dept, despite being clearly not showing any psychological symptoms, nor being in any danger to myself or others. By far the worse psychiatrist I've ever encountered. He was impossible to get in touch with, and had absolutely no reasonings for any of his courses of action. His actions borderlines on malpractice.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Horrible therapist. Diagnosed a "mood disorder" after about 5 minutes. At our next meeting, after I told him about terrible PMS symptoms, and that I am grieving the loss of my mom and working on a new relationship with my dad, he said "Well, I don't agree with you." Oh ok, thanks for your sympathy... He has strange social skills and seems more like a delusional Sigmund Freud impersonator than a real doctor who wants to work with your specific issues. I never went back after that. He also put me on the worst medications that all cause obesity. I went from weighing 103 to 120 in 2 weeks. He refused to acknowledge or treat my ADHD, which was diagnosed by other psychiatrists after an extensive process of testing. All around frustrating and a waste of valuable treatment time.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

He was late. He took a call during the session. He cut it short. I didn't go back.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

My experience with Dr DeSantis has been nothing but positive - he was immediate in his response and to meeting with us - he was calming, approachable and willing to do things step by step and not just medicate my son and send him on his way. We feel very lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr. Vincent Desantis's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Harvard-Pilgrim