Ratings for Dr. Gordon K. Lam

Dr. Lam is very knowledgeable and personable; he actually listens and gives great and accurate diagnoses and advise on how to manage your symptoms and diseases. I am so fortunate to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Lam for six years and he is exceptional. He is very intelligent and up to date on the ever changing world of Rheumatology. He listens and has patience. He's a caring doctor as well. I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

The best doctor I ever had. Knowledgeable, concerned and thorough. Spends a lot of time with me each visit and never seems rushed. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Very good doctor. Agree with all the other comments wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

What a find in my hometown! I went to the Cleveland Clinic for answers to my medical problems, and they basically referred me to Dr. Lam. Come to find out from his staff that John Hopkins, Duke, and Mayo also refer patients in the region to him. THey made no big deal about it--very nonshalant. He's very detailed, thoughtful, and professional. Quiet, but very nice. Spends good amount of time with me, although I know he's really busy. At least when he's with me, I feel like I'm his only patient in the world. He does research and sees patients, so I know he's on the cutting edge and is at the top of the game.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Best doctor. Very detail-oriented. Nice, thoughtful, comes from prestigious places. I've recommended him to my family.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

I was terribly sick and had seen several rheumatologists before being seen and diagnosed by Dr. Lam. I did make sure he had all the previous testing, reports etc. before my first visit with him. He had studied more than 100 pages of reports, testing, notes etc. that my previous Dr's. provided him with and Dr. Lam basically had a diagnosis before my 1st visit with him. Upon my 2cd visit all the test results were in and he gave me the diagnosis he initially gave me. Dr. Lam treated my rheumatoid aggressively and with in months I was feeling much better and I was given hope to continue to live. Dr. Lam is very knowledgeable. He does lack a bedside manner but the most important part for me was his treatment regime and that was fantastic. He is 'never' late for your apt. with him. Brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

This doctor is the smartest doctor that I have ever been to. He figured out what was wrong with me when no one else could. He literally saved my life. I would recommend him to anyone. I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't helped me. I have been seem by 3 other doctors who misdiagnosed me and gave me the wrong treatment. I now feel that I have my life back.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Best doctor I ever seen. He was able to figure out what was wrong with me after my first visit when 8 other drs couldn't for many years. I also didn't have to wait hours like at most doctors offices.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Gordon K. Lam's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal