Ratings for Dr. Marvin Schwarz

I was a troubled kid living in Wilmette decades ago. After running away from home I chanced into treatment with Dr. Marvin Schwarz, who put me in the psych ward for a couple of months. I'd say he and his team, which included clinical psychologist Susan Andrews at that time, saved my life. I learned so much during the time I was in their care, and it stood me in good stead for a lifetime. I am now the mother of four kids in their twenties, none of whom has ever had any problems with depression, drinking, drugs, or the police. My life has been difficult and I am still working on my own mental health, but my great joy and triumph is seeing that my children are so healthy and have such bright futures. Three of them are full-time college students, and the fourth is studying part-time while working full-time, supporting herself quite comfortably. All four plan to pursue graduate degrees and express enthusiasm and optimism about their planned careers. They don't get themselves tangled up in unhealthy relationships; they choose to befriend other healthy people. I was depressed as far back as the second grade, and was in and out of various kinds of therapy and treatment until I found Dr. Schwarz when I was 16. He and Dr. Andrews knew how to talk to me and how to listen. I will always remember them and be grateful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Dr. Marvin Schwarz's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1950)

Top Hospitals in Wheaton, IL