You may also like

I was given a referral to Dr. Fishman for a nerve conduction study and an EMG. After I scheduled the appointment with Integrated Neurology Services, I received no instructions or information. When I arrived at the office, there was a very short wait, which was good as the waiting room is tiny with only 3 chairs, so most people were standing. After I was put in a treatment room, the young woman had me lie flat on the examining table, put a heating pad around my feet, which did feel nice, but no explanation as to why she did this, and again no information about the procedure. I was so uncomfortable, I couldn't relax my muscles, as I had to support my back with tensing my muscles, as the pain was horrible just lying flat. Dr. Fishman arrived very shortly afterward. I could not see anything he was doing as I was flat on my back. He did the nerve conduction study with no information. So I had no idea when the electrical shock would occur, where it would occur or how long or strong it would be. This made the test more uncomfortable that it should have been. Then came the EMG, Dr. Fishman said he would use needles, and that was again all the info given. So the needle stick was a surprise, as he DIDN'T say ok, I am placing the needle in your calf, it will pinch for a second, now here comes the electricity, it will feel like a stab for 60 seconds and your muscle will contract really hard, but only for 30 seconds. So the pain was a shock, I had no idea how long it would last, or where I would feel it. I couldn't see what he was doing, so it was torture. I can take a lot of pain with the information where it will hurt, what it will feel like, and especially how long it will last. I have had many, many, many painful procedures, and I made it through all of them, but not this one. Dr. Fishman gave me a paper with the results of my test as I was leaving, with no explanation of the results from him. I read it walking to the car and found out he didn't finish the EMG, due to "patient's inablility to tolerate needle exam". He didn't even discuss that with me. He could have asked if I thought I could take another needle in my ____, that would last for ___seconds. But he didn't, he didn't even tell me he didn't complete the exam. It was extremely painful, and I was crying, but I didn't know what was going to happen next, so the fear factor was huge. I have no idea how competent a physician he is with all the many other treatments and tests he administers, but I would highly recommend that for an EMG you find another office.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Fishman for about a year and a half due to chronic migraines. Before seeing Dr. Fishman, I had no idea that my headaches were actually migraines, and no doctor was able to diagnose me. Dr. Fishman is amazing - he is incredibly knowledgeable, and he was completely familiar with every single issue I had been having. He takes the time to listen and answer thoroughly and his bedside manner is wonderful. I am so lucky I found him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

After visiting many different Drs. about itching on my arms, finally found Dr. Fishman. What a godsend for me. Cant say enough good things about this Dr. Would highly recommend him, and done so many times. Thanks Dr. Fishman, your awesome.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I went to Dr. Fishman for residuals from Bell's Palsy. He suggested botox. Now my face is worse than it was before. When I tried to contact him he refused to return my calls. He seems to be very knowledgeable yet arrogant.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr Fishman correctly diagnosed and treated a very scary situation for me: late-in-life onset of painless migraines. While painless, these would render me unable to function due to visual distortions, dizziness and nausea. Many thanks to him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Fishman for the last 7 years, and have been completely happy with each visit (the treatmant,staff ect.) I'm sorry I won't be able to bring him with me when I move. Great Doc, Great man,

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Fishman is awesome! I have been dealing with chronic migraine for years and my past neurologists immediately put me on various medications despite my concern of side effects. I would eventually just stop taking them against their advice. Once my migraines went from 5 a week to 7, I found Dr. Fishman. He took the time to listen to my past experiences and side effect concerns for the medications out there to treat migraine. We decided on botox for migraine. I was nervous because I didn't want it to look "fake" if that makes sense. Dr. Fishman made sure I understand everything and did it perfectly. He knows his stuff, takes the time to explain it and genuinely cares about his patients. He is amazing! I highly recommend him. I tell everybody I know they should go to him and the various office locations make him convenient to everybody.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Dr. Simon Fishman's Credentials

• Hebrew

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I was given a referral to Dr. Fishman for a nerve conduction study and an EMG. After I scheduled the appointment with Integrated Neurology Services, I received..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Fishman for about a year and a half due to chronic migraines. Before seeing Dr. Fishman, I had no idea that my headaches were actually mi..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Fishman for more than 5 years. He is wonderful. I had migraines every day when I first saw him, now I rarely get one. "

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After visiting many different Drs. about itching on my arms, finally found Dr. Fishman. What a godsend for me. Cant say enough good things about this Dr. Wo..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Fishman for residuals from Bell's Palsy. He suggested botox. Now my face is worse than it was before. When I tried to contact him he refused to r..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Helpful and professional. My visits are enjoyable and efficient. He is very knowledgeable and has done a good job treating my chronic migraines."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "As a former employee of this man, I can say with complete clarity that he is the most unethical doctor that I have ever worked with. He cares more about money t..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Diagnosed and treated myasthenia gravis when nobody else could. I am very grateful"

December 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=28693'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=28693'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014
  • new location added: Lorton, VA

July 9, 2013
  • new location added: Alexandria, VA

July 9, 2013
  • City changed from "ALEXANDRIA" to "Falls Church"

October 12, 2012