Ratings for Dr. Teela Sorensen

Took my 16 year old daughter with serious cramping and pain. My daughter was distraught with the visit to begin with and Dr. Sorensen was not caring and only gave us 2 treatment options, one of which was an antidepressant! The other option is over $2000 for a 90 day supply!!! We will never see her again

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

I saw Dr. Teela Sorensen the other day. I came in asking very specific questions to be able to understand how to better take care of my body in preparation for becoming pregnant and also asked her to take my blood to let me know what my blood type is. She asked me irrelevant questions to why I was there even touching on if I had depression. When I replied that I did and wasn't on any medication she smiled and moved on without caring to check that I was ok. I also asked her what I should look for in a prenatal vitamin to which she responded I don't need to take one (without knowing anything about my history because she’s never seen me before or asked about my history). I know I need to be taking at lest folic acid because my husband is a carrier for spina bifida. When I told her this she laughed and told me to take that and then moved on without a second care about my medical health. She would not assist me with my other concerns or refer me to anyone else to see for the issues I came in concerned about. The appointment felt very rushed and impersonal. I could tell she didn’t want to see me and just wanted to leave for the day or retire. I as the patient should be able to reasonably expect great care weather I come in at 8am or 4pm. I will never come back to a Tanner Clinic because of the way I was treated by this woman who calls herself a professional of 27 years. Yes, I did a lot of research into her before I came. Apparently she just doesn’t care about her patients anymore the way she did years ago. I am very disappointed and frustrated.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Probably the worst doctor I've been to. Absolutely DO NOT go to Teela.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I love her. Wish she would be able to deliver babies again. She performed both of my c sections beautifully and really cared about me. I am a high risk pregnant person and she monitored me so well and jumped whenever the emergency came. I also had kidney stones after my last pregnancy and she was great to refer me to a great urologist. And came and visited me before the kidney stone surgery at the hospital. Talk about going above and beyond. She is so genuine and kind. I believe she was thinking of my well being as well as my babies. I love her nurse Deana.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

I loved Dr Sorensen! She was very helpful (first pregnancy) and had a great bedside manner. She even gave me a homemade baby keepsake after I delivered! I never had a problem with her...until I was in labor. My baby was coming out facing backward, and Dr Sorensen was cranking on her head to get her to turn. She was cranking so hard, I thought she was going to break my baby's neck. Thank God my baby turned at the last second and came out. I don't believe this incident has any bearing on her knowledge and helpfulness, though.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

first time being pregnant she didn't prescribe me any prenatal pills. Didn't know I needed to take them. Then I had a miscarriage. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I really liked Dr. Sorensen. She was very friendly. She took the time to answer all my questions. She's wonderful. Don't listen to the other reviews. They aren't true!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

When I went in for doctor visits she was very quick & did not explain what she was doing unless I asked (since this was my first pregnancy I had lots of questions). Also, during labor she broke my water to speed up the process only two to three hours after I was induced; she, also, gave me an episotomy to when I was in no pain due to the epidural and the baby was almost out. I had been stretching down there before child birth in order to not have an episotomy. It would have been nice to discuss these options before with her so she knew my view but instead they were just done.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

I went to see Dr Sorensen needing a hysterectomy. My uterus was falling out and my bladder was leaking every time I ran. She and her staff explained everything and left the decision up to me. I decided to go ahead and have it done. I had a upset stomach after my surgery in the middle of the night. Dr. Sorensen called and was very concerned and recommended different medication. My recovery time was better than I had expected and better than anyone I know. The nurses at the hospital even said that Dr. Sorensen’s patients recover better than other patients. Dr. Sorensen tells you how it is. I like that in a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

While I was in labor, Dr. Teela Sorensen broke my water without asking me, even though my epidural was not working. Her breaking my water made my labor go too fast for the anesthesiologist to fix the problem. She also failed to talk to me at all--she did not ask me how I was doing and did not introduce herself to my husband.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr. Teela Sorensen's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1991)